Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the plan:
Shove 45lbs of wiring into the Nova. lol.

So I have been researching and looking over wiring diagrams of the Express, and I was wondering if anyone has any additional resources on making it work in the nova. I am worried about the BCM getting a little mad when it does not sense certain things (ABS and seatbelt). I am also trying to figure out a way to test everything. I am running the trans and engine from the van. I also wanted the gauges. I just don't know what I can depin and what needs an actual signal from something that does not exist in the Nova.

·
Registered
406 Posts
You can use HPTuners to turn off the functions you aren't using (like ABS). As far as resources, Id just google LS Swap harness. I know a lot of companies sell harnesses that only have the necessary wiring to run the engine, most of them also give you a base tune to get the engine running. That's the route I was going to go with my LS swap when I got there.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Look into the new Holley Terminator X EFI. Much easier to wire, and for less than $1400 a total steal.

You won't regret it. Holley EFI is amazing! The stock stuff....it's a huge PITA.

·
Registered
406 Posts
neat. I did not know HPtuners could do that. I was looking at the swap harnesses, but the ones I have seen cut a lot of stuff off that I would like. Most notably, the after cat 02 sensors. Also I was trying to save the $1500 for the engine, trans, and chassis harnesses.
Yeah I understand wanting to save money. Im sure some of those manufacturers could keep what ever features you wanted to keep that are not on their off the shelf harnesses, however. can I ask, why do you want to keep the after cat O2 sensors? They don't monitor the engine, just the efficiency of the cat. Even if you wanted to put cats on it, you don't necessarily need the sensors.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Why is the stock stuff a pita? Can you help me come to the same conclusion? 1400 is a lot when I have what I think is a working system. I mean I drove the van, just not sure what it would need to continue working in the Nova. The other thing too is I feel like Holly could just drop support for this, but more than likely chevy will not and even if they do it seems more likely that someone will break in the ECU and post the source so others can troubleshoot. Help me to convince myself that the Holly system is the way to go.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah I understand wanting to save money. Im sure some of those manufacturers could keep what ever features you wanted to keep that are not on their off the shelf harnesses, however. can I ask, why do you want to keep the after cat O2 sensors? They don't monitor the engine, just the efficiency of the cat. Even if you wanted to put cats on it, you don't necessarily need the sensors.
Let me ask you a question to answer your question. Why would not not want to measure the efficiency of my cats? I am assuming the O2 sensors can tell me that the cats are infact doing what they are suppose to. Not horse power stuff, but less toxins in the air type of stuff. Am I wrong about this?

I know I am cheap, but I have always wanted to dive into Electrical Engineering and I figured what better place to start than a car lol.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts