Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I was wondering what MPG would be for a 62-63 ragtop under ideal driving conditions, both stock or with a weber 32/36 carb and HEI. I am doing a little fixing on an old blazer and need a economical DD without going the honda route. Any and all help is appreciated. Thanks.

1NINETY4

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
Welcome 1NINETY4!

6-Banger, correct?

I'd think that you could squeeze out low 20's in MPG w/combo freeway / around town.

The HEI will offer you dependability, but offer little in MPG over a properly tuned "points" car.

The Weber? Don't know.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Max Turbo,

Thanks for the welcome. Yeppers, six banger. I was hoping to hear those numbers for MPG. I actually talked to a couple of people and heard those same numbers. One guy said he got 20 around town and 27 on the highway, 62 4 door all stock. I have heard nothing but good stuff on that weber 32/36, so it might be worth the $$ if I can afford it. Got to find the car first though.

BTW, nice nova in your avatar. And if you know anyone who is in Charleston SC who is going to Charlotte Auto Fair next week or someone passing through there let me know. Looking for a ride. Will help with gas $$.

Keep the comments coming.

1NINETY4

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
Thanks!

There's a bunch more pics in the pic link below if you're interested. :)

Converts are way cool! Especially down south.

·
Premium Member
945 Posts
The Weber 32/36 is an excellent carb, but can be a bit of a pain to get it set up properly. It is also not like an edelbrock where you can go buy a jet kit, the jets and emulsion tubes are expensive, and sometimes hard to find. You will also have to buy an adapter to fit the carb to the intake manifold, it wont just bolt right up. The 32/36 usually runs about 325-350 bucks, plus the adapter, and you will have to do some modifying to get your linkage correct, as the 32/36 is designed to use a throttle cable.

With all that said, I have had several 32/36's and 40mm downdrafts, and they all worked flawlessly!

Jack

1 - 6 of 6 Posts