Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my wife, daughter, and dad to the ADRL races at Heartland Park Topeka last night. What a great show. If anybody gets the chance to go, you need to see these races. They only run the 1\8th, but their doing it at 180 to 200 mph. The bikes were awsome, don't think the front wheel was touching down until the finish line and they run alot of nitrous. Check out the web site at www.adrl.us and you can listen live to the races going on today. They have been on the TV on the Verses show. We had a great time, Scott

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
I was there....going back later today as well unless something better comes up! The only thing negative I have to say about the event was parking was 10.00 and if you left the lot you had to pay 10.00 to park again, I thought that was bull , tickets were free however!

·
Premium Member
6,444 Posts
Yea the ADRL is pretty BAD A#$. My Deisel mech run's in that class. His name is Todd Moyer and drive's a twin turbo Cavalier. It' black with lighting all over the front end. And that car is scary fast.... I think his best is 4.08 at 190+

·
Premium Member
9,228 Posts
Billy Glidden does it again...wins 10.5 at the ADRL race...SBF & a little spray. Looks like it was pretty much all blower and nitrous cars this weekend (not sure why they even showed up with that old technology that didn't stand a chance to win). Where did all the turbo's go? :eek:

Sorry fellas...couldn't resist...

·
Premium Member
8,050 Posts
Billy Glidden won running a set of headers a friend of mine built at his shop.

http://www.fabshopheaders.com/

I've spent my life in drag racing. It’s rare in this highly competitive sport that anyone is ever capable of making a leap forward. However, I’ve been fortunate enough to be associated with a company that has made many leaps in the design, performance and manufacturing of racing headers. The Fab Shop works as hard as I do at getting me in the money. The performance that comes from their unique approach to header design is unparalleled. The fit, finish, and appearance are equally phenomenal. And, they are happy to work with me to maximize MY set-up; not just sell me a part number.

Billy Glidden

·
Premium Member
9,228 Posts
Yes, they were there...

People have been saying that about Glidden for years and it's said after every race he wins...hasn't happened yet. :no: Even if you are a BG hater, you have to admit he's pretty darn impressive with a single 4, sprayed, SBF.

·
Premium Member
6,444 Posts
Yes, they were there...

People have been saying that about Glidden for years and it's said after every race he wins...hasn't happened yet. :no: Even if you are a BG hater, you have to admit he's pretty darn impressive with a single 4, sprayed, SBF.
lol I am not BG hater. It's just I am a bigger Moyer fan that's all.:yes:

·
Premium Member
9,228 Posts
Billy Glidden won running a set of headers a friend of mine built at his shop.

http://www.fabshopheaders.com/
Them's is purty...very nice stuff. We run the Burns Stainless and they are a very nice piece also...probably some of the highest quality welding and fabrication I've ever purchased. The megaphone merge collector design is supposed to be good for some hp. They are expensive but very very nice. I wish I had the skills to build and weld something like that but I guess that's why we let the professionals do what they do.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts