Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, does anyone have experience with the M/E Wagner adjustable PCV valve?
I have the typical warmed-up 350 and want to have the most crankcase ventilation/pressure reduction I can get, (I hate leaks).
Presently I'm using the Delco CV789c which is supposed to be the recommended valve for performance Chevies.
Respectfully, please don't tell me not to run a PCV. Been there. I want the benefits of the valve.
The Wagner product is pricey. If you have one I'd like to know your experience.
Thx in advance.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Pcv

Hi what type of work has been done to the motor or is it stock? With or without power brakes? In my opinion run the PCV unless it a race motor/track car. I've always used the stock PCV with no problems no matter stock or worked. It should have its own vacuum port though. So save your money...the only reason I would use an adjustable PCV is if the cam is very aggressive. If you looking for no leaks also. Use a good gasket and very little silicone except where needed not all over the gasket. Remember with silicone 24-48 cure time or oil will eat right through it

·
Registered
390 Posts
I have one on my 250 inline 6 With a 4bbl carb, dual exhaust and electronic ignition. It’s hard to say but after installing it, it seemed it was easier to tune and get the air fuel ratio and idle dialed in . I can’t tell if I get any better performance, mileage, or if I put out less emissions, but it seems to run better than it did with any of the random ones from the auto parts store that I tried (I’m not sure if this is wishful thinking because Of the cost).

·
Registered
82 Posts
Hi what type of work has been done to the motor or is it stock? With or without power brakes? In my opinion run the PCV unless it a race motor/track car. I've always used the stock PCV with no problems no matter stock or worked. It should have its own vacuum port though. So save your money...the only reason I would use an adjustable PCV is if the cam is very aggressive. If you looking for no leaks also. Use a good gasket and very little silicone except where needed not all over the gasket. Remember with silicone 24-48 cure time or oil will eat right through it
Actually alot of NHRA Stock eliminator and a few Super Stock cars run a PVC. And those are by no means "stock". I heard the PCV was worth a few hp as long as everything is sealed up good including the dipstick.
I run a PCV on my bracket car, I dont remember the part # but it was 3/8 inlet and outlet. It seemed most were 3/8 - 5/16.

·
Registered
20,034 Posts
I buy a pcv for one of the performance 302 Camaros or something like a 427 Corvette since I'm running a big cam.

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
I tried all the recommended over the counter PCV valves and could not get my engine tuned right. It turns out the "over the counters" rarely meet the specs advertised. I bought the adjustable and haven't looked back. And i don't feel any guilt about how much I spent!

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you all. Very helpful responses.
I'm going to go to Hot August Nights this week and I'll drop by Summit and pick one up.
I only have a measly 9" of vacuum (idle) but I want to pull as much air thru the engine as possible. PCV's do a lot to keep engines clean on the inside and dry outside.
Thx again.

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
Alf ....

I also want to buy the Wagner DF - 17 adjustable valve ----- we might do a "Group - Buy" ........ may save a few $$$$$ .

I'm Game -- even for my 250 I-6 ...

I think 'theycallmelarmie' ..... Joe said he would too buy one , also
(he may have already done so ... not sure) .

So, Here goes ... IS ANY - BODY else interested in making a Group buy for :

The M E Wagner adjustable PCV Valve == DF-17 .....

if so interested get in here with your "SNS screen name and we'll
see about a "group - BUY from them too save a couple of $$$$".. I can call for info @ ME Wagner ....... but we may need several buyers to make-it-happen.

OR -- if not -- I'm buying one anyway ..... :yes:

jim

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
http://mewagner.com/?page_id=1927

group discount = must have 8 buyers in your group

price $ 129.00 regular price --- group buy price = $ 96.75 and free shipping .

SNS has done this one other time... ( that , I know of ).

Only 8 people need to be buyers .

I'm just saying ... so, post -up right here --- if interested !

Thanks , jim

·
3,112 Posts
I like the idea of a group buy. I'm in for one if we can get the requisite number of buyers. Every single PCV valve I have ever bought has either not worked properly at all or only partially worked, in no small part because every engine is different a little bit.

Count me in for one if we get the 8 guys.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
This one has no spring or valve, just an orifice. Part number 2-9485, vent valve. Works good with big cams.

My Chevelle (2 barrel 283) came with something like this screwed into where a power brake hose would normally go on the back of the carb then to a hose nipple on the oil fill tube.Another tube from the back of the block into the valley(where road draft tubes used to go) drew air from a screened opening in the air cleaner. It was all factory a "metered orifice" but the smog guy said he wanted a pcv valve.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Twin, yes, please count me in as well.
Good work, that price is great!
Please let us know what we need to do

·
Registered
3,560 Posts

64PRONOVA ... I remember then ..... and, I wanted too get one then ..... just didn't work (at that time) .... but have wanted one ever since .

NOW IS THE CHANCE .... I Have Not talked to "ME Wagner yet" ......

Put this out there to get the feelers - out --- just knew they would do a Group-Buy .... EVERYTHING I HAVE HEARD about the "DF-17" is a PLUS .... Works Great .

Hey, 64PRONOVA ... could you supply any info ... ?

Thanks , jim

1. Twinshadows = 1 each
2. Alf ............... = 1
3. Philip .......... = 1
4. Wogs64 ...... = 1
5. AllyMcReal ... = 1
9. ?

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
Thank you all. Very helpful responses.
I'm going to go to Hot August Nights this week and I'll drop by Summit and pick one up.
I only have a measly 9" of vacuum (idle) but I want to pull as much air thru the engine as possible. PCV's do a lot to keep engines clean on the inside and dry outside.
Thx again.

I went and looked on 'Summit site last night' .......... I could-not find this ..... my guess is "They do-not carry this "DF - 17"

just , saves you guys some time --- I searched .

Thanks, jim

1 - 20 of 66 Posts