Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 63 has had a front disc conversion done by the previous owner. I am unsure of what brand the parts are, but everything is new looking including the master cylinder and proportioning valve. Can i just add a brake booster to it, or is there more to it? Will i need any additional parts or have to make any other modifications? I was doing a search and ran across the Modern Performance Classics 7" 3 stud booster but the year lists 64 and up. Will this fit my 63 or is it different?

·
Registered
92 Posts
power brakes

OK, Mine's a 74 coupe, I wanted to add power brakes and ordered a master/booster combo. After I received it I realized the I already had the same set up off my el Camino. the real deal is the bracket that mounts the booster to the firewall, it's at an angle that puts the master at about 30 degrees up, just clears the underside of the hood.
my car has drums around so no proportioning valve, I had to have a line made as the original had a 1/4" line to the front. the new booster had a 3/16 line. making the new one was not a problem for the place I used. I was concerned about the different diameter, but the system works GREAT. I think it cost around $100 on e-bay for the booster and master. It was a bear to bleed it all out. I had to bleed the master off the car, install it then bleed the lines. I couldn't do it with a hand held power bleeder. just couldn't pull fluid all the way thru the rear lines before I had to refill the cylinder. at the angle the master only had a small amount of fluid before the cups were in air.
I added disks to a '69 trans am I had and got the whole set up at the junk yard.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts