Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I built my car, I wasn't able to find redline tires in the size I needed. I found a website that sells stickers to add them yourself. They are made out of rubber and you attach them with adhesive that permanently bonds them to the tire. The tires I chose were Ohtsu, they were cheap, came in the size I needed, and had no lettering on them that could be seen from a distance. Something else they had was a bare stripe all the way around that made a perfect spot for gluing the redline on. Most blackwall tires don't have a spot all the way around. I used the inside ridge of that bare stripe as a guide for gluing down the redline, it worked out perfectly. I was apprehensive about how they might turn out, I didn't want them to look cheesy. I didn't even want people to notice they were added. Now that I have one tire done I can say they look great.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Who makes the redlines?

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Who makes the redlines?
I got them from a company called tirestickers.com, You send them the width and the diameter you want and they cut them out for you. The standard width is 3/8", that is what I got but you can get any width you like. My diameter was 18.5" for front and back, the tires are different sizes but the spot I choose to put them on was the same for both tires. They were $175, not cheap but when added to the cost of the tires I used I think I still came out less than buying a set of Cokers. Only thing you have to buy is acetone to clean the rubber before applying the stickers. They sell a set that comes in 1 piece and a set that comes in 4 pieces, I got the 1 piece kit so there was only 1 joint to deal with instead of 4. Getting the joints right is the hardest part.

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Redlines weren't available on the 67 Nova as far as I know, but they were available in the stores. Here's a Dec 1967 Road and Track magazine advertisement. If you had a 327 you probably needed tires in December!

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
i was taking to a guy at a car show last summer that had a 64-65 mustage an had just put redline tires on. he order them some place an seems like he said well over 1000.00 for a set.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts