Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I'd like to get an original GM steel wheel for my 67 Canso. I'm sure a 14" wheel was standard but what about 15"? I'd like to run a 14x6 or 15x6 all around painted black with a redline tire. What years and models should I be looking for to get a correct wheel. I'm sure the wheel I'm looking for was available on more than just the Acadians. It's not the rally wheel style found on 67 Nova SS models, but just the plain jane steel wheel.

American Racing makes a nice clean centre cap for their chrome rally wheel that I think would go well with this combo but not sure if the 15" rally cap will fit on a 14" steel wheel.

Any thoughts?

Kevin

·
Premium Member
2,523 Posts
The wheels they came with were only 14x5...... same as the Chevy II wheels......... ONLY !!..not 14x6, not 14x7, no 15 inch!!
I have 14x7's on the back (67 Chevelle) and 14x6's up front (79 Malibu) with stock dogdish caps. The caps you are referring to fit the ralley's only!! You could go Black painted Ralleys with the center cap you mentioned???

Bogie
added a pic for ya !!!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the pic. That's what I'm looking for. Just to clarify, your running 14x7 and 14x6 rally wheels with stock nova caps. I didn't know 79 Malibu's still used rally wheels. What tire size did you go with on your car? Do you have any closer pictures of just the wheels I could see?

·
Premium Member
2,523 Posts
The pic is Rich's 66 sedan with the ralleys (painted black) & center caps you mentioned!! Click on my link for my car & wheels....... stock steel GM (Chevelle & Malibu) as mentioned first in my post!!

Bogie

·
Registered
60 Posts
on the topic of tires and rims, was wondering if someone out there can tell me what size tire fit on a 67 sd. The car I have has conversion disc brakes on the front with the stock drums on the back. Because of the disc I now have to go with 15" rims and would like to know what tire size others are using. I'm going to go with a set of American Racing Torq Thrust either 605 or 505 and try to find a set of tire with no white wall on them. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Glenn

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts