Chevy Nova Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
14,806 Posts
Not the first time this has been for sale on Ebay and various other 'sale' sites. Not sure why it doesn't sell. Maybe just too plain. This probably isn't the L79 model for the guy who only can afford one. Somewhere there's a rich guy who has all the other L79 models and needs this 'rarest of the rare' to cap off his collection.

I've mentioned this before, but GM Canada was unable to document this car. There is a portion of 1966 microfiche that was damaged/unreadable and this car fell into that time frame. There is, however, the original POP with all the
'as built' info including the selling dealer name. They only built 63 1966 L79 Acadians (all models, but no breakdown of how many of each). This is the only 2 door sedan known to exist in restored-as-original condition. Good luck, Roger.

Bob

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
Trouble with this car is the fact that it is so rare, you almost can't enjoy it. I know some will drive it, but some won't and this makes for a very small market place of buyers. The oddest thing that may hurt this car, is the 3 on the tree too.

Either way I like this car, I think it's ultimate the definition of a sleeper!:yes:

·
14,806 Posts
The oddest thing that may hurt this car, is the 3 on the tree too.
I agree with that, Taz. If this was a factory 4 speed it would have had a new home months ago.

Bob

·
Premium Member
1,845 Posts
Some better pictures would help the sale. I would like to see the interior in more detail. Current pictures for a high dollar car, maybe even hire someone to take them would be money well spent for the kind of cash this car should bring.

·
6,733 Posts
He's a member here. You can contact him through ebay too. I've seen the car once. Rodger has had it for a number of years but it has only seen the road a few times. I saw the car before he restored it and it was in decent shape, complete, but needing the restoration it deserved and got. I'm sure he could provide more pictures if asked. I've known Rodger for at least 15 years. Good guy and definetly a car guy.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Hi everyone, first off, thanks for the opening bid Skip. I thought that was you. Secondly, the bad reply on ebay. I sold a person in Florida a set of carbs that came off my buddies 86 FJ1200 bikes original engine. We replaced the engine, and the carbs came from the old engine, factory installed carbs! They were sold for $77. The add stated no refunds and stated they came from a 86 FJ1200. After he received the carbs, he emails me saying I sold him the wrong carbs. I was verifing that the carbs were what I said they were, but he couldn't wait another day, so he put a negative report in about me.
Anyway he could have had his money returned, but he couldnt wait.So as it stands now, he has the carbs and I have his money. I am selling this car because after it was restored, I think I have had it out, maybe 3 times.So now that I have retired,maybe its time to sell the car, and use the money to buy some equipment to open a shop .
Come on Guys, isn't there someone on the site that has a few extra dollars lying around to buy the car?
Roger

·
Premium Member
3,782 Posts
There's definitely interest in it!

I didn't know it was for sale until I got an e-mail from a friend who's thinking about bidding on it. He wanted to know what I thought it would take to buy it!:rolleyes:

Good luck selling the car. I sort-of hate to see you try to sell it right now with the economy the way it is. That car deserves a good home and you deserve some serious $$ for all the work you've done... I'd love to have it, but I need to SELL cars, not buy them!!

·
Premium Member
1,286 Posts
I would buy it; but the steering wheel is upside down!!!

Hi everyone, first off, thanks for the opening bid Skip. I thought that was you. Secondly, the bad reply on ebay. I sold a person in Florida a set of carbs that came off my buddies 86 FJ1200 bikes original engine. We replaced the engine, and the carbs came from the old engine, factory installed carbs! They were sold for $77. The add stated no refunds and stated they came from a 86 FJ1200. After he received the carbs, he emails me saying I sold him the wrong carbs. I was verifing that the carbs were what I said they were, but he couldn't wait another day, so he put a negative report in about me.
Anyway he could have had his money returned, but he couldnt wait.So as it stands now, he has the carbs and I have his money. I am selling this car because after it was restored, I think I have had it out, maybe 3 times.So now that I have retired,maybe its time to sell the car, and use the money to buy some equipment to open a shop .
Come on Guys, isn't there someone on the site that has a few extra dollars lying around to buy the car?
Roger

·
Registered
124 Posts
Hey Chip, if I flip the wheel around will you buy the car then? I guess the car will be staying in my garage for a whie longer, the bidding is no way near the reserve. I guess if you give the thing away, it will sell. Maybe I will put the Ratrod or the Nova on Ebay next.
Oh well,
Roger

·
Premium Member
2,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Roger, too bad it didn't sell for you!! As said before....... these 2dr sedans are truly a niche market, kinda like the longroofers as well. Try posting it on:
http://www.carsonline.com/
It can stay there til it's gone. Great exposure. I would suggest bigger and better pics will also help. The fact it is a 3speed (although extremely rare!!) seems also to be a factor in it finding a new home. My Cloner took 6 months here on Steve's board before it was gone to Ohio.

Good Luck Ric......... wanna buy a Mopar???

1 - 16 of 16 Posts