Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2001 [email protected] ranger that i may part out. The ac works great and i was wondering if it would be possible to use any of it parts to hook up ac on my 63 convertible? I also have a under dash ac unit for a chevy ii and thought i would check and see if possibly it could be combined?

Thanks,Bill

·
Premium Member
4,598 Posts
it is possible ,but is more hassle than it is worth better to do some research and build a better/cleaner system that will fit correctly.

a/c systems are basically the same ,just model specific components to fit the size of the vehicle ,most a/c system parts from different manufacturers can be combined if done correctly and custom harness & hoses made .

·
Premium Member
402 Posts
Classic Auto Air makes a system for about 1100 or so that fits in the car replacing the airbox that is there, utilizes the knobs on your dash to control it and supposedly does not leak. No ac unit hanging down from your dash, much simpler setup, and they made it for that car. No mixing and crafting of parts to make it work.
Me, I would part out the ranger to get the money to buy the unit from those guys and put it in.
just my opinion though.

cale

1 - 4 of 4 Posts