Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just completed a two year effort of installing every nuance of factory air conditioning in my 71 SS. The attention to detail was impeccable, including the correct year wiring harness, however, the system is not working. When I turn the fan switch on, I’ve got nothing. No blown fuses and the entire system is in excellent working condition, but it’s not working. Thoughts?

·
6,502 Posts
Just completed a two year effort of installing every nuance of factory air conditioning in my 71 SS. The attention to detail was impeccable, including the correct year wiring harness, however, the system is not working. When I turn the fan switch on, I’ve got nothing. No blown fuses and the entire system is in excellent working condition, but it’s not working. Thoughts?
Do you have a volt/ohm meter and know how to use it ?.

Do you have a decent sized wiring diagram that you can share showing the wiring and parts ?.

If you have these two things, a lot of us can help you out troubleshooting it.

JIm

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
AC electric

Thanks Jim, ur truly an expert with these Novas. I have all the schematics and a volt meter, but don’t know how to use it. Very frustrating building the factory AC system including R12 Freon but no sign of life. Same with my windshield wiper and fuel gauge reading “full”.

·
6,502 Posts
Thanks Jim, ur truly an expert with these Novas. I have all the schematics and a volt meter, but don’t know how to use it. Very frustrating building the factory AC system including R12 Freon but no sign of life. Same with my windshield wiper and fuel gauge reading “full”.
If you have the AC schematics, take a high resolution picture of it and post it.

If we have this we can post where to check for power and/or grounds. I have a bunch of the standard diagrams and a factory diagram out of my GM manuals for a 68 and 74 but nothing beside those two years. Some of this stuff changes year to year.

While there may not be a lot of info on the factory AC system wiring, I know if you do a search for wiper and fuel gauge issues a lot will turn up.

As far as using a meter, do some google searches and there is a lot of info to get familiar with them. Maybe in the mean time, buy some test wires with alligator clip ends on sections of 12-24" wire attached to them and this will allow you to clip into terminals or circuits and to the meter's test leads and not have to hold the meter leads against something.

Jim

1 - 6 of 6 Posts