Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,844 Posts
Good question. I remember seeing a ton of places that rebuilt components for cars in Hemmings Motor News classified, and I'm sure there are still. I have a couple of old fuel pumps I'd like to rebuild (not hard to do) if I could find the kits to do it. In the same vein as the original post, anyone know where you can get rebuild kits?

·
Premium Member
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good question. I remember seeing a ton of places that rebuilt components for cars in Hemmings Motor News classified, and I'm sure there are still. I have a couple of old fuel pumps I'd like to rebuild (not hard to do) if I could find the kits to do it. In the same vein as the original post, anyone know where you can get rebuild kits?
I ordered one from Corvette Central and I think Paragon has them also. I installed the rebuild parts but the pump is not working??? I think I found a shop in Phoenix.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I ordered one from Corvette Central and I think Paragon has them also. I installed the rebuild parts but the pump is not working??? I think I found a shop in Phoenix.
Hemmings has an article entitled: Fuel Pump Restoration/Hemmings Muscle Machines. They list all suppliers ( Paragon Corvette is one of them) and restorers etc. The companies can restore your fuel pumps' original finish if your plans call for that as well.

·
Premium Member
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is the Hemmings article on a Hemmings web site? I had Harold Deems in Tucson refinish mine. He did an outstanding job. I think I will give him a call and see if he rebuilds fuel pumps. It seems that the diaphragm is not holding enough vacuum or pressure to make it work.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Is the Hemmings article on a Hemmings web site? I had Harold Deems in Tucson refinish mine. He did an outstanding job. I think I will give him a call and see if he rebuilds fuel pumps. It seems that the diaphragm is not holding enough vacuum or pressure to make it work.
Yes, just search fuel pump restoration Hemmings Muscle Machines

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
Ok , I looked under : Originality = Web Link Library : the " Rebuilding Factory" (located in : Oxnard, Ca ).
then, I searched = = rebuildingfactory.com . I think they will 'rebuild your original car parts' . . like , if you were too have or keeping (matching numbers) , or correct date-coded parts .

Joe Buddy - - - it may be worth a phone call . . . for more correct information . you never know .

Phone # : 805 - 981 - 3777 , Oxnard, Ca .

just FYI , jim

1 - 7 of 7 Posts