Chevy Nova Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
You can remove the hose at the TXV inlet by placing wrenches in the two identified locations in the image below:

View attachment 406769
Ah yes, on the txv inlet side, doesn't appear to have much real estate (as the picture shows) for the other wrench to get a good "grip" on it but I will give it a go and let you know how it turns out!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
You can remove the hose at the TXV inlet by placing wrenches in the two identified locations in the image below:

View attachment 406769
Hey there, sorry for the delayed response, had surgery and have been recuperating for the past few weeks. But was able to soak down the connection with PB Blaster over the weeks and tried it just yesterday and came free like a charm! thanks for the advice! as I was capping it off I took a look underneath and noticed another inlet of sorts on the bottom of the evap box. I'm curious does this need to be plugged up as well? (see attached photos)

20200708_202911.jpg

·
Registered
4,380 Posts
You can clean that opening off ; and , tape-it up . . . . this is what goes there ;

it for "draining any moisture from the Evaporator case" (Which is what that is - - the plastic case
with the holes) . This 'Rubber cover' goes there .

. . . . jim

·
Registered
487 Posts
Yes as Jim said that's the condensate drain. If you aren't using AC you can tape it off or cap it with something, or you can get the original style duck bill valve that Jim linked.

·
Registered
4,380 Posts
Thanks , Clint . . . . . how you doing ?

I just use the "HeartBeatCity.com" - Camaro site , mostly because of their "Parts Description" in
each listing IS Very Good . . . . giving GM Book numbers (and even "page & section" , where you
can look-up those numbers and 'cross-check' those numbers . I have bought AND had too return
parts from them . . . . . . . . They were very good to deal with .
Their "Web - Catalog" has very good "Pictures of their items" , also . . . . . . makes it even easier .

. . . . . . jim

21 - 26 of 26 Posts