Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
13,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to laugh everytime I see 'absolutely unmolested' used in a car ad. Here's another one...1962 Nova 400 convert...missing all it's side trim, has a 63 grill, 64 hood diecast, wrong wheels, incorrect seat upholstery, full carpet interior (62 carpet only covered the center hump) and probably new paint. The engine pics are so bad it's hard to see anything, but the air cleaner appears incorrect. But hey, it's a no reserve auction, so somebody might get a deal on what appears to be a fairly decent convertible that more correctly should be described as an amateur restoration.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1962-Chevy-II-Nova-400-Convertible_W0QQitemZ270384634921QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Cars_Trucks?hash=item3ef42e1c29&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=65:10|39:1|240:1318

Bob

·
Registered
675 Posts
What makes it molested? I think what the seller is trying to say is that it is stock appearing, no gaudy gauges, wheels, engine swaps, radio crap....

Looks pretty unmolested to me.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
?

What makes it molested? I think what the seller is trying to say is that it is stock appearing, no gaudy gauges, wheels, engine swaps, radio crap....

What exactly helps you "think" what the seller is thinking??

Looks like another one of those classic car dealers that doesnt know anything about what they are selling. - Well at least they got the blinker color right.

·
Premium Member
7,732 Posts

"Absolutely unmolested" means just that. Original everything including paint. A "survivor". You could have different tires and battery and exhaust and brakes to be considered unmolested but this car doesn't qualify for that claim.

While this convertible is a fairly-nice car, it's far from being unmolested let alone absolutely unmolested.

Once you restore something in any way, it's been molested.

·
Banned
3,991 Posts
I think in the eyes of many of these sellers "unmolested" means that there is no evidence that anyone has had carnal relations with the car to the best of their knowledge. :devil:

IMO.

The '67 I picked up is "unmolested" - assuming you allow for a couple of dings, bad touch-up painting, new tires, tune-up stuff, etc.

Cheers, Tim

·
Registered
675 Posts
I dunno, unmolested to me means no Aftermarket enhancements like gauges or different wheels or big crab, headers etc.....

·
Premium Member
7,732 Posts
Naw. I have a restored 65 SS that I tried to keep as original-looking as possible. It has the tar-top battery and Silvertown bias ply tires, is even painted the original factory color with lacquer. All the trim used was NOS.

It is not an unmolested car. Not even close. If it was unmolested in the condition it's in, it would be worth at least twice as much.

When it comes to cars, being molested isn't always a bad thing though (depending on how bad they were before they were molested).:D

One of my other hobbies is pinball machines. They are a lot like classic cars. As a matter of fact, I find that a lot of the people who are into them also have classic cars.

I manufacture restoration parts and also restore/refurbish pinball machines. When you see an "unmolested" pinball machine for sale it's just that. All-original and unrestored. Original paint, no playfield touch-ups, all the plastics original. Once you start "fixing them up", they are no longer unmolested.

Same goes for classic cars or any other antique. Unmolested means unmolested. They are only unmolested once.

Saying that convertible is "absolutely unmolested" is like saying a mother of six is still a virgin.

·
13,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This is an unmolested car.....Menno Weisehahns 1966 Acadian Canso 4 door. 35,000 original miles, original drivetrain, paint, upholstery and carpet, exterior trim, wheel covers, radio, original spare tire and all kinds of other original stuff. The engine has never been detailed and the Melfort, Saskatchewan dealer sticker is still on the trunk lid.
Bob

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,014 Posts
This is an unmolested car.....Menno Weisehahns 1966 Acadian Canso 4 door. 35,000 original miles, original drivetrain, paint, upholstery and carpet, exterior trim, wheel covers, radio, original spare tire and all kinds of other original stuff. The engine has never been detailed and the Melfort, Saskatchewan dealer sticker is still on the trunk lid.
Bob
Unmolested and survivor.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts