Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Considering rewiring my 63 with an AAW kit. I have been unable to find a picture of their bulkhead connectors, are they similar to the factory? Anyone have a picture by chance?

·
Registered
928 Posts
It's different, you have to make the hole bigger. They have a good video of them rewiring a 67 on their website. FYI, check the fuse box to make sure all the connectors are inserted correctly, i did not find out until after it was installed that there were problems with mine.

Attachments

·
6,589 Posts
Considering rewiring my 63 with an AAW kit. I have been unable to find a picture of their bulkhead connectors, are they similar to the factory? Anyone have a picture by chance?
What "kit" are you looking at ?.

A universal "kit" will probably not work with an existing firewall/bulkhead opening but a direct OEM style should be able to use an existing opening. The same might also hold true for other connections like the turn signals, heater controls, and so on.

Jim

·
Registered
63 SS
950 Posts
I just finished installing an AAW 510140. The new bulkhead inserted with minimal opening of the factory hole. I only had to file down one side of each the vertical and horizontal side of the opening. I can send you a picture later. Believe it or not, this was my first wiring job and AAW makes it easy....and fun IMO!

·
Registered
928 Posts
What "kit" are you looking at ?.

A universal "kit" will probably not work with an existing firewall/bulkhead opening but a direct OEM style should be able to use an existing opening. The same might also hold true for other connections like the turn signals, heater controls, and so on.

Jim
The one shown is AAWs that come with their direct replacement, its not the universal one. It fits with minor adjustment but its not the same as the stock one. their video explains it.

·
Premium Member
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am looking at the "upgrade" kit.

Looking for a pic of the engine bay side bulkhead, I should have been a bit more specific.

Jack

·
Premium Member
3,581 Posts
The upgrade kit comes with a template for mounting the new bulk head connector. If I remember correctly ,very minor cutting and a couple of pilot holes for the self tappers. I ended up filling mine and rerouting to inside the fender well for the hidden approach.

·
Registered
878 Posts
You will not regret the AAW move. The bulkhead was very minor fitting. I hate wiring and AAW made it easy. They personally responded to about a dozen stupid email questions I sent. Best customer service I have experienced for any hobby or work. I will continue to send them accolades like this.
Times two, across the board.
I had to call their tech line twice. No long delays on hold and no one word answers. They actually explain their answers.
Also, they have a lot of videos on YouTube that are very helpful.

·
Premium Member
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the pics guys, those are exactly what I was looking for!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts