Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
6,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quite a few years ago I would spot a 65 Acadian cruising down the road. Never did meet up with the person. Now I find it belonged to a friend of mine's son at one time. It was a little old ladies car that was her jewel. He did drive it but only rarely and never changed a thing. It still had the Duffus Motors decal on the trunk lid from the Peterborough dealer where it was sold new. The heavy plastic seat covers that the dealer installed when the car was new were still in good shape. Not sure if that is an Acadian floor mat in the front. I'm asking my friend if he knows where it is now.

·
Registered
637 Posts
The 65 acadian looks alot like the 65 nova in front and back, very cool looking, love the original cars

·
Premium Member
2,031 Posts
Beautiful and rare

·
Super Moderator
4,098 Posts
Great find and pictures. I don't think I have ever seen one that original and nice, and now I have an idea of what it should look like. Interestingly enough, the body color and interior color were the same combo my dad ordered on the family '65 Nova Wagon he ordered in June, '65. Pretty uncommon combo. Looks like the dash may have been repainted?

·
Premium Member
3,581 Posts
Very nice- Anyone else have a child hood flashback of getting in to a hot car with shorts on with those plastic covers:oops:?

·
Registered
800 Posts
Great find and pictures. I don't think I have ever seen one that original and nice, and now I have an idea of what it should look like. Interestingly enough, the body color and interior color were the same combo my dad ordered on the family '65 Nova Wagon he ordered in June, '65. Pretty uncommon combo. Looks like the dash may have been repainted?
what is that exterior color?

-Rusty

·
14,135 Posts
Wow! Great original 1965 Acadian Canso Sport Coupe. No V/8 badge, so it would be a 194 CID six. Only 676 built. Exterior chrome trim is the same as the Sport Deluxe, except no peak trim. Not much interior color choice with the Madeira Maroon....red or fawn. If that's an Acadian accessory tissue box, it's the first I've seen. Note the Pontiac type spear on the floor mat. A slightly modified Pontiac spear appeared on Acadians from time-to-time. It was always slightly different than on actual Pontiacs. The Chevelle sized 1964 Acadian Beaumont sedans had them on the seats.

Any idea how old these pictures are, Shane?

I had plastic seat covers on a '63 Ford Fairlane. Yes, I'm sure you could get 3rd degree burns off those things in the summer. Anybody remember the perforated ones that theoretically were supposed to be cooler? Maybe were to some extent, but the perforations tore the threads on clothes. Girl friends hated them. The good old days!

Bob

Reactions: nreynolds

·
6,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The dash wasn't repainted. It's all original. I remember someone telling me about how anal she was in maintaining it. It was at the GM dealer for an oil change and she spotted a mechanic with his foot on the bumper. He got a reamed out by her. Keith thinks the pictures are from around 20 years ago. This picture reminds me of the type of person she was.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts