Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am swapping out the 6 tomorrow and putting in a v8. i think i got everything under control, but i have a question about the motor mounts. i bought small block mounts from classic industries. do they bolt into the same location as the 6 cylinder mounts?

·
Premium Member
11,072 Posts
There are different frame mounts and engine mounts that must match each other. My frame mounts were from a 307 car that used the short and wide style, and generic 350 mounts from a parts store would not fit because they were the tall and narrow style. Before I switched to soild mounts, I had to use some little non-interlocking mounts for a 307 application. The clamshell style I have never seen in use, but some guys on here have them.

Below are the different sizes and styles possibly used.

Tall and Narrow
Short and Wide
Clamshell

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
all went fairly well today. spent most of my time cleaning 38 years of grease and dirt off of everything. getting the old mounts off took the longest amount of time. what a pain. i got the subframe cleaned and painted. found some large rocks on top of the frame. got the new mounts on. i am gonna be using summit headers. when i ordered all the parts, i got them for a 71' nova. i am hopeful that everything will fit. but i KNOW that there is gonna be problems :mad:

·
Registered
242 Posts
Sounds like you got alot done in a short amount of time.

We used the Summit headers also. Can't beat the price for a coated header, but It's the same old thing, you get what you pay for. We are still in the build phase with our car so we haven't ran them enough to see what they'll do over time.

You can't really see in the above pic, but I had to dimple the tube that's close to the steering box. They're supposed to clear power steering, but you know how that stuff goes.

The only other complaint I have is how low the drivers side is. I'm pretty sure when we get this thing on the road my daughter will scrape it on a speed bump or two. I guess if she screws them up to bad we'll try some better fitting ones next time.

Here's a pic of the difference between left and right....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts