Chevy Nova Forum banner

61 - 75 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
3rd pan also

Had many of the same problems. Finally went with with the 7 quart sold everywhere took a sheet of 10 gauge steel, wrapped around the bottom and welded all the way around. Like having a skid plate attached to the pan. So far so good, had already gone through both a Milodon and Moroso. Also think changing out the cast iron heads for aluminum took some weight off the front end and this also is a big help.

·
Premium Member
6,365 Posts
I have a Kevco pan and not to happy with it, first off it doesn't want to seal, had to modify it for starter fitment and the thing had so much metal residue that it took hours to clean. If you buy one good luck:eek:
Same here. Did get mine dry lots of silicon.
Mines been on for about 2 months now, maybe 500 miles and no leaks yet.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
never saw this thread, but very nice pan. i like the fact there's like a skid plate on the bottom also, i guess just in case it ever touches down....

LIL JOHN

·
Premium Member
8,405 Posts
Hmm...if I didn't already have the Canton pan...and a PW oil pump with the Canton pickup welded on...
I can fix that if you send it back with the Kevko pickup.

·
Registered
13 Posts
i have been studying the pics of the kevko pans and i started working on fabricating my own version. i cut the bottom off of a reg rear sump oil pan and i have made a cardboard mockup of the rest of the pan. i have a four speed, so i have to clear the clutch linkage, and like everyone else, im battling ground clearance issues. i have 2" drop spindles and coilovers so clearance is essential. im also going to try and integrate a skidplate into the bottom. its a fairly ambitious fab project, but hell, free is cheaper than $200. ill post some pics wen im done fabbing it, if anyone stil reads this thread and is interested!!:devil:

·
Premium Member
4,176 Posts
i have been studying the pics of the kevko pans and i started working on fabricating my own version. i cut the bottom off of a reg rear sump oil pan and i have made a cardboard mockup of the rest of the pan. i have a four speed, so i have to clear the clutch linkage, and like everyone else, im battling ground clearance issues. i have 2" drop spindles and coilovers so clearance is essential. im also going to try and integrate a skidplate into the bottom. its a fairly ambitious fab project, but hell, free is cheaper than $200. ill post some pics wen im done fabbing it, if anyone stil reads this thread and is interested!!:devil:
Tic Tic Tic Tic:pics::pics::pics: Tic Tic Tic

·
Registered
216 Posts
starter and dip stick

I just got my Kevko pan and was wondering what starter i should use and dip stick?? i have a 153 tooth flexplate also.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
I don't know if any of you have seen it, but Chevy2Only has a front sump pan and pick-up that uses a regular M55 pump for plenty of stroker clearance as well as stock ground clearance. :yes:

61 - 75 of 75 Posts