Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a custom order rear sump 6 quart pan from Kevco Racing for use with a stock front clip (no power steering). Unlike all the other Nova pans that have at least a 8.5 inch sump, this one is only 7.5 inches, and has kickouts for added volume. I asked Kevin to modify an existing roadrace pan he already made, adding a small notch to clear the center link. Since my car has a 2" drop, I need all the clearance I can get. I have not yet installed the pan but did slide it under the motor and it looks like it will fit with plenty of room to spare.

I had talked to Canton about doing the same thing, but after 3 weeks of waiting for an answer, they said it would take 8-10 weeks to do. :eek::confused: So I called Kevin, sent him a drawing of what I wanted and he shipped it 4 days later. :D And the price was less than the Canton pan before mods. :yes::D:D

·
Premium Member
2,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ZNova, I DO NOT NEED A NEW KEVCO OIL PAN FOR MY CAR! :no: I want one, but I don't NEED one and I'm going to keep telling myself that. :turn: :devil:

Did Kevco hook you up with a pickup to go with that pan also?? I like! :)
LOL! Yes, he included a pickup. With the Meeling 55HV from Summit, the total cost was less than $300.

·
Premium Member
2,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
how much oil will that pan hold?is that 6 qts. before the notch was done, what was the cost
don
I actually put 6 quarts in the pan as delivered and measured 3.5" from the top of the pan rail to top of fluid. That is right at the maximum distance to the rod bolts on my 3.75" crank. With the filter the level will be slightly less and that is what I plan to run. I may be giving up some HP due to windage, but since is for a daily driver, I think it is a good trade off. Total cost for the pan and pickup was $260, including shipping. :D.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Thats a sweet pan and the price is not bad. Does his pickup bolt on to the support or does it need to be tacked on.

·
Premium Member
1,348 Posts
Cool looking pan there ZNova,

Will Kevin make a 7" standard rear sump pan for those who upgrade and go with the Churchboy R&P? Thx. Smitty

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
pan

Hey ZNova, are the numbers on the box "6267" the job number or have they assigned this number as a part number?
Also, could you take a pic from overhead so that I can see the scraper and the pan notches.
Thanks Mike

·
Premium Member
13,309 Posts
I dealt with kevin (kevKo) for about three years.. ordered 4 pans from him... never a disappointment....

and always well packed, shipping reasonable, and fast....

Custom one off stuff was not an issue... ordered a pan for a SBF dart block in 65 stang... one off custom.... very good price and to my door in 5 days.... I will never buy another pan from any one else...

·
Premium Member
2,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hey ZNova, are the numbers on the box "6267" the job number or have they assigned this number as a part number?
Also, could you take a pic from overhead so that I can see the scraper and the pan notches.
Thanks Mike
Mike,
Will do As soon as I get back home. I am out of town, will be back Friday. Stay tuned.

Bob

1 - 20 of 75 Posts