Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a new nova and I would like to know a little about the car. I wrote down the VIN it is 115377W126720 anyone that can tell me anything about it would be greatly appreciated, thanks for your time.

·
Premium Member
1,342 Posts
I recently bought a new nova and I would like to know a little about the car. I wrote down the VIN it is 115377W126720 anyone that can tell me anything about it would be greatly appreciated, thanks for your time.
vin wont tell you anything

its the numbers on the firewall that will.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you a lot batman09 I really appreciate your help it will save me a lot of time and effort. Once again, Thank you for your time and help.

·
Premium Member
20,542 Posts
Thank you a lot batman09 I really appreciate your help it will save me a lot of time and effort. Once again, Thank you for your time and help.
where is fallbrook?whe have the norcal nova mini national coming up in 2 weeks.Its in pleasanton.When do you get your car?Do you have any pictures?bm

·
14,398 Posts
vin wont tell you anything
its the numbers on the firewall that will.
Actually, on these cars, the VIN will tell you the truth about what type engine the car has. An 11537 is a six cylinder 2 door sport coupe. The cowl tag may state the car is a V/8 (11637). Novas of this era almost always have cowl tags indicating V/8, whether they were or not. The VIN tells the truth.

Bob

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
Actually, on these cars, the VIN will tell you the truth about what type engine the car has. An 11537 is a six cylinder 2 door sport coupe. The cowl tag may state the car is a V/8 (11637). Novas of this era almost always have cowl tags indicating V/8, whether they were or not. The VIN tells the truth.

Bob
Yes, very well said......:yes:

·
Registered
338 Posts
Hey Bob!!!:devil:

I can't believe you didn't tell him about the "W" in VIN means Willow Run, Michigan assembly plant. You are usually so thorough on this numbers stuff.

No one knows more about numbers than Bob.

Oh well, guess you're getting older like me at at 57.
That's right, you are older than me.:yes:
Just kidding Bob!:rolleyes:

Don't look now but Monday is coming soon.
Have a great Sunday evening everyone!:D

Gary

·
14,398 Posts
Bob wishes he was 57. :rolleyes: :yes:
Henry, I was going to tell you great your car looked yesterday as you passed me in front of Sevenoaks Mall, but now that you're making fun of senior citizens, I won't ;).

Bob

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well I thank all of you for telling me about it. I definitely appreciate it. I will post more about the car when I pick it up. Thanks again guys.

·
Premium Member
2,031 Posts
Henry, I was going to tell you great your car looked yesterday as you passed me in front of Sevenoaks Mall, but now that you're making fun of senior citizens, I won't ;).

Bob
Thanks for the compliment, Bob. :yes:
Sorry, but I did not mean to diss you, young man. :yes::)

·
Super Moderator
67 4 door, 65 wagon (in pieces)
6,733 Posts
When you get the car, post your cowl tag info. I love decoding them.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts