Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
I use JIC 37 degree fittings in steel and they are a fraction of the cost. I think a bead blast would work for them though. Glass bead, makes a nice finish on aluminum. JR

·
Premium Member
11,072 Posts
Easy-Off oven cleaner works. Super Clean, or any of the similar purple products will remove the color, but don't leave aluminum immersed in the stuff or you won't have any parts left!

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
It will vary depending on what type of anodizing the fittings have. Obviously if they are the "Hard Anodized" fittings it will require more effort.:yes:

I'd say glass bead blast them. The chemical cleaners can be just nasty.

·
Premium Member
2,313 Posts
I don't remember what it cost me, but I charged the customer a flat fee of $100 for a box of 40, or so, fittings, IIRC. I used a small anodizing shop in San Jose and would mostly run batch aluminum sheetmetal panels (interior and rear deck wings of the race cars) through them on a monthly basis, so it was kind of a retainer arrangement to include my parts with their larger runs for their computer hardware customers. If I charged $100, it probably cost me $70. Keep in mind that this was more than 10 years ago, now when I had my shop in NorCal. Check with some of the anodizing shops to see what their rates are these days if you can include your parts with a larger batch of the same color.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts