Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello from the Philippines!

i have recently bought '67 Chevy Nova SS!! this is my first muscle car ever! its in pretty bad condition if you ask me. the metal shell is still good though, other than 1 fender. i acquired it stripped down from an attempted restoration and the owner didn't finish it and left it in a worse condition.

I'm only 25 years old and plan to have this car for decades!!

I have always been fascinated with Novas particularly the '69 and '70. but can't find one here, (i live near Clark Air Base, an American air base in Philippines back in the 50s-90s..)

I plan on buying parts in the USA and have it shipped to my country. with your help i'll be able to make the correct purchases and save a couple thousand dollars before i finish this car!!

thank you and hope to learn from you guys!!

·
Premium Member
3,556 Posts
Welcome to the site:yes: Let me be the first to ask.................................................................................................................................... Do you have any pictures of your project:D?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes i do have pics but i haven't figured out posting pics on the forums yet... i'll have my photobucket ready by tomorrow.

its 3:40am here.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Ohio Gozaimasu neighbor

Congrats on your project, this site is absolutely awesome when it comes to anything Nova related (parts, tech support, or just keeping you motivated). Post some pics when you get a chance. I have several friends who go to the PI often, but there's no source for parts over here that could help you out. Best of luck.

I'm in Okinawa, but my '66 SS is back in the states (I'll see it again in 2 years).

How to post pic's from photobucket:
http://www.stevesnovasite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27716

Welcome,
Bryan

·
14,588 Posts
I've been to Angeles City many times when I was in the Navy. I was stationed down at Sangley Point(Cavite City) in 1967/68.

Looking forward to some pictures of your car.

Welcome to Steves. We are more than happy to help you with your project if you need it.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey guys. I'm on my way to the car right now. going to take the parts to my house and take pictures of the car.

by the way. it has an engine and automatic transmission but its not installed. from what i saw, the engine number on the block located by the tranny is "3959512". thats all the info i have about the engine. i searched online and found out that this specific block is a replacement block, and can take up to 300HP, suggesting that its a block for the L79. though i really can't confirm that. :D:D:D

any suggestions?:confused::confused:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Pictures

here are the pictures that i got.

look no holes!!!

this is the engine code. please help me verify if what type of 327 it is.

this is a picture from the top of the engine, found this code on the intake side.

these are the following parts that tells me its indeed a Nova SS. don't look for the VIN PLATE. its no longer there.........

i still have some parts that i haven't sorted out yet. these are the parts that i wanted to post for now. i still have the bumpers, the mirrors, a few more parts here and there... but i'm planning to buy new parts to restore it to its full glory:):):)

that is whats left of the car.. don't worry i'm ready for the long haul!!

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Welcome! Looks like a good start, but always be looking for that rust "which lies beneath." Especially in a salt air environment. Good luck!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i'm planning to install a mustang 2 IFS frame clip from TCI (total cost involved). buying thru ebay, any comments about that? is there any other place that i can purchase a IFS front clip? i plan on upgrading it with wilwood 12" disc brakes, to save me on shipping costs.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Mabuhay, welcome to the site. Take a look at the pad on the block in front of the passenger side head, right behind the alternator. There should be a sequence of numbers/letters. When you get the numbers, try novaresource.com to find out what engine you might have. Lots of information from members on Steve's.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks for the info! i'll give it a look tomorrow morning.

the first thing i want to do is install a mustang 2 front end complete kit. which will include the wilwood brakes so i can save on shipping.

i saw one on EBAY. its going to cost me 3,250USD for the kit, which also includes the 12" brakes, inner fenders, engine rubber mounts, power steering rack, dropped spindles, stainless brake hoses, front sway bars.

its from total cost involved. free shipping within continental USA. i'll have it shipped to california then to philippines.

i wanted to get the front clip from USA because if i finish the car with an original mustang 2 front end that will cost me roughly 1,300USD here in Phils., i might end up doing upgrades to it later on. i just want to save some money.

if anyone knows a better deal please don't hesitate to tell me thanks.:):)

·
Registered
760 Posts
:welcome: TO STEVES. THAT PROJECT YOU HAVE GOING LOOKS LIKE ALOT TO DO BUT WHEN ITS ALL DONE, MAN IS IT WORTH IT. :thumbsup::chev::waving:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
maybe 2 years the earliest... hehehe.... still sourcing out funds for this thing.. but i'm buying the IFS kit within 2 weeks so i can get it in 2 months:( its going to cost me more cuz of all the shipping :mad::mad::mad::mad:

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
Holy smokes, how did you end up with a Nova all the way over there?:eek:

Welcome to the site, should be everything you'll need to help you out here!:yes:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
an old American base, back in the 50s-90s called Clark Air Base use to be the biggest American base outside US soil. i'm 3kms away from from it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts