Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed my passenger side quarter panel last weekend. I had to fabricate a piece to replace the rusted corner of the inner wheel house, replace the outer wheel house and trunk drop-off. I still have a lot of finish-up work to do but the hardest part of the quarter panels is over. Now I have to replace the tail panel and my major bodywork will be behind me. A mountain of work remains but it feels good to make a little progress.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
13,649 Posts
Any progress is good. Looks to me like a bit more then a little there!!

Much more then I am getting done!

·
Premium Member
2,952 Posts
the Flyer... said:
Any progress is good. Looks to me like a bit more then a little there!!

Much more then I am getting done!
And taking pics and posting them is the best thing for motovation for yourself. And we like it too :) Little bit at a time is better than just standing there looking at it. Remember Rome wasnt built in a day

geez Flyboy quit changing the name you are confusing the crap outta me. Johnny Rotten was a great name much better then TheTorch. But I guess The flyer is the most comfortable one.

·
Premium Member
13,649 Posts
sixtyII said:
geez Flyboy quit changing the name you are confusing the crap outta me. Johnny Rotten was a great name much better then TheTorch. But I guess The flyer is the most comfortable one.
More confusing then you were led to believe, guess again!!!:D

Need any seatbelts? (hint hint)

·
Registered
273 Posts
are you using genuine gm panels or reproduction?
if they are reproduction, how is the fit of all of them?
btw, more pics more pics ! lol !

·
Premium Member
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The quarter panels, outer wheel houses and tail panel are GM; the trunk drop-offs are repo. As this is my first experience with sheet metal work, it is hard for me to compare the fit of the GM panels to the repos but I will say that I have not encountered any major problems. I was able to get a better door-quarter panel gap on the driver's side than the passenger side; it may be because the ps quarter was hit pretty hard many years ago (or most likely my lack of experience). I will have to work on the ps door a little to get a good even gap; right now, it runs from 3/16 to 1/4. The help I've received from members on this site has been fantastic.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I know what you mean. I just came in from my shop and I am making slow progress. I have removed the PS quarter, outer wheel house, trunk drop off and tail panel. I have NOS GM quarters and Goodmark tail panel, outer wheel houses and drop offs. Pic. are good motivators. I will update my pics. in the morning.

CT

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Wow! That is great progress Bob - I love seeing another Yenko Deuce getting it's surgery done so it can live again!

BTW: I met a guy at a car show Saturday night who bought a cran red 4sp deuce in VA beach in '71 from a used car lot. He sold it a few years later, not sure where. He has pics of the car, might it be yours?
M

·
Premium Member
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Marlin, it could very well be mine. Can you give me the contact info? I have not had any luck trying to research my car; I really do not know where to start. I'm working on the tail panel now and am having a hard time getting it to fit right. And thanks for everything you do for the hobby!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Cool pics! The tail panels can give you fits, especially if the quarters are welded fast. Patience is key, but after all the work you've done already - you know all about that!! I noticed the white 'X' behind the rear bumper bracket, all deuces have these 'X's - pretty cool!!

Sent you a PM with the guy's contact info.
M

·
Registered
124 Posts
The tail panel is a tough one to fit. It takes hours but is well worth it in the long run.

There is GM tin tucked back. Someone will know somebody that knows someone.....:D Talk to people at Cruise meets, car shows and forums like this. My quarters were tucked back from the late 70's. The guy passed away and his son sold me his parts. Someone told me about a guy that has some Chevy II parts and I followed up on the lead and got a deal.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts