Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
14,585 Posts
I wonder how much water go into the car. I looks pretty decent in the pictures. Flip side, it could cost a lot to clean it up.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
just how much work would one of these flood damaged cars need???

:ragtop:
I took every nut and bolt off mine and so far I cannt complain about it being a ton of work some of these flood cars look to be a good deal these isnt alot of electrical on the old muscle cars compared to the newer cars, if I had the extra money I think I would try to buy one :yes: there is also a 69 chevelle ss thats a f looded car :D

·
Registered
26,336 Posts
MIGHT HAVE TO TAKE IT APART AND BLAST IT REAL GOOD AND GO FROM THERE.I HATE TO SEE THIS ONE GO TO THE CRUSHER!:no:

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
I assume these are NJ cars and probably flooded as a result of hurricane Sandy. I would bet they were in salt water.
Not just salt water that flooded the cars. Other stuff like home heating oil, gasoline, sewage.. you name it. Yuck.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Not just salt water that flooded the cars. Other stuff like home heating oil, gasoline, sewage.. you name it. Yuck.
Very good point. That site has about 250 classic cars that are flood damaged. What a shame. I lost my daily driver due to Hurricane Sandy but not because of flood damage. The wind knocked over my 100 year old oak tree and it smashed my car. Thank God my Nova was safe in the garage and no trees fell on it

·
5,143 Posts
Salt water and the time that has already passed make it tough.
I have repaired fresh water dunkers (fell thru the ice) before but I bet there
are already some problems with the Nova.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Looks like it was fully or almost fully under. Signs of water in engine comparment/on air cleaner.
if you look closely at the side view of the interior it actually looks like there is rust on the shoulder strap seat belt buckle hanging from the headliner of the car. I hate to say but I would pass on this one.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts