Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have all new weatherstripping for my wagon. I bought the wagon with all the glass already taken out and I believe I'm missing some trim pieces that hold the large rear side windows. The wagon is a 63. Anyways, the first question is how the large side windows get held in at the top. I have the bottom pieces, but could use some pictures or a description for the top. I think I'm missing these pieces!
The next question is this. I have the new window gaskets for these same large rear side glass, but the glass still has the old gaskets in place and there seems to be some kind of sealer. Its almost like tar or bubblegum like in texture. Is there some kind of sealer I need?

Thanks, Hope I was descriptive enough

·
Premium Member
3,532 Posts
I can't really say about the sealer (i've owned wagons, but never had windows out) but, there should be 4 pieces to the frame to hold the glass in.

·
Registered
309 Posts
my wagon out side has two pieces at the bottom with the clip built in to hold the trim and 3 little angle pieces at the top a screw goes through them and they butt up between the rubber and the top of the roof over hang,, will get a pic when i get a camera over here

·
Premium Member
818 Posts
Hey I know this one :D

To secure your window in the rear there are two bottom rails that push and hold the seal and glass up to the body. On the top there are three smaller inside trim pieces will hold the seal/glass to the top. 3M makes a product called Windo-Weld part no. 08609 that is used to seal the glass to the inside of the seal. You can use this same urethane sealer for the seal to the body, but it's gonna be a feat to ever remove the glass later. I recommend another 3M product here. It is 3M Bedding and Glazing compound part no. 08509 it stays flexible (non curing) and is just like the oem intended. You'll need two tubes of this and one of the 08609 to seal the rear windows.

Let me know if you have any more questions on glass install. Happy to help.

GG

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:mad:Thanks guys...I'm missing the top AND the bottom clips. Damn

I guess I need to search for some

·
0 Posts
I have the top clips 4 sure & I might have the bottoms 2:D I will know tomorrow. Shoot me a pm if you are interested:cool:

·
Registered
73 Posts
Bringing this one back...

Removing my cargo glass now and noticed two of my bottom retaining clips are rusted beyond use...

Does anyone know where to get replacements???

Thanks!

·
Registered
788 Posts
This is funny. I used to build glass aquariums and use silicone sealer to fuse the glass water tight. When recently I removed the passenger quarter window, I wedged the window in while the black silicone cured. I used a pink bath shower curtain. I filled any gaps with additional glue and voila no leaks.

·
Registered
61 Posts
wagon seals

hope someone will know this one...i took my rear side windows out of my wagon when i put on rotiserie to sandblast. 2 years later im ready to reinstall and the original black seals around the glass are pretty rotted. theres a part number on them but cant find it anywhere (#4846110 CAV-R-1) anyone know where u can buy these?? or should i just silicone/seal the heck out of it

·
Registered
8,013 Posts
hope someone will know this one...i took my rear side windows out of my wagon when i put on rotiserie to sandblast. 2 years later im ready to reinstall and the original black seals around the glass are pretty rotted. theres a part number on them but cant find it anywhere (#4846110 CAV-R-1) anyone know where u can buy these?? or should i just silicone/seal the heck out of it
Check with "Steele Rubber Products" they usually have any rubber part for almost any car.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Check with "Steele Rubber Products" they usually have any rubber part for almost any car.
thanks for the info! called them and they got em....275.00 for the pair!:eek: so i will prolly hold off. but thanks again

·
Registered
61 Posts
wagon rear fixed glass

finally bit the bullet and bought the new rubber. this post has been helpful but i seemed to have misplaced my retaining clips for the rear glass, i have the metal trim. but need the clips. the pics that were on here are deleted....need help with pics of these or where i may find/buy them. THANKS

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
I was thinking of doing the same thing on my Wagon. On all of my Hot Rods I've built, I've made them to where all the stationary glass is glued in like the late-model cars and they have worked perfect for me.

This is funny. I used to build glass aquariums and use silicone sealer to fuse the glass water tight. When recently I removed the passenger quarter window, I wedged the window in while the black silicone cured. I used a pink bath shower curtain. I filled any gaps with additional glue and voila no leaks.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts