1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
very nice, looking good. where in nj?

·
Registered
81 Posts
That is a very nice blue. Can't wait to see it done, nice job so far keep the pics coming as you go.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Will definitely keep y'all posted. thanks. I am very happy with the Mulsanna blue. And looks different depending on the sunlight and angle. Sometimes has an almost pastel effect.

I'm in Belmar, NJ. Jason, I recall buying a door up in north jersey somewhere, maybe Somerville area years ago. Guy had a blue nova. Found via ebay. It was a white drivers side door I ended up using. That you?

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
Jay, Glad to hear the car is home.

Good Luck with the reassembly.

If you get in a tough sitution with the car give me a call. I might be able to help.

Anyway. I am so busy I don't have time to come on This site anymore :yes:

I am starting the body work on my BUICK Saturday. I have a friend that is going to do the welding for free. So, I have to take him up on it while I can.

Take care,
Bob

PS - If I come on the site I will check for PM's

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
Nova at home in the garage...

garage...

Any members in NJ area are more than welcome to stop by and help me out! Food and beer provided!
looks good so far!
imho...
id consider rattle canning that frame with dupont semigloss or gloss that you can get at oreillys. at first i did mine like yours with flat black.
then we went back and put new springs, tubular a arms on and painted in with this paint.
it looks much better and would be a quick job.

my .02

edit:
trust me on this.
i didnt listen to my friends the first time and rattle canned over dirt and rust.
it looked like crap so we grinded it down and repainted it.
just a thought.

steve

steve

Attachments

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
I'm partial to blue as well, sure looks like you've got a lot done recently!:yes:

·
Premium Member
4,365 Posts
It's coming together. I like the blue too.Will you have it on the road this summer?

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Repainting the frame is a possibility. I will keep it in mind, thanks for the input. I was also thinking of hitting it with some clear. Figure that would give it some gloss and protection. Not sure how it ended up so dull looking.

This was supposed to be done in the summer of 91! :eek: Ready for this summer is gonna be tough. Should have it running by then but obviously lots more to go. I have a list of items needed, about 25 components. Gonna take some bux to get everything I need. Hi ticket items being wheels and tires (was thinking of something in the prostar / telstar family). I currently have some old school 14's on there. Probably go with 15's. Also need brake booster & master cylinder. Ah, too much to list here. Anyway, good to get some comments. thanks.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts