Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have a 63 ss convertible with dealer installed A/C. I have every piece except the aluminum manifold that bolts on to the back of the compressor, I have not had any luck locating one yet is there a close fit from some other gm car or just keep searching. I am also going to post a ad in the wanted section any advice would be greatly appreciated Thanks Les

·
13,685 Posts
Hi I have a 63 ss convertible with dealer installed A/C. I have every piece except the aluminum manifold that bolts on to the back of the compressor, I have not had any luck locating one yet is there a close fit from some other gm car or just keep searching. Thanks Les
Just to clarify exactly what you're looking for, there is a connector block attached to the back of the compressor. This is where the hoses attach. Between one of the hoses and the connector block there is a muffler. Is the muffler what you're referring to?

Bob

·
Premium Member
3,151 Posts
I believe I have one but a picture would be nice to confirm it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The part I am missing is the compressor connector block, it attaches to the rear of the compressor and the hoses attach to it, I believe the muffler is permanently attached to the block I can scan a picture tomorrow and post it, there is a picture of it in the 1962 shop manual on page 13-6 also in the 1963 accessories installation manual on page 15, I sure appreciate the help. Thanks Les

·
Premium Member
3,151 Posts
Ok, once I see it, I'll check what I have but I'm pretty sure I still have that piece from an early car, 63 or maybe 64.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am kinda of new at this can somebody tell me how to post picture, i have image scanned and on my computer. Thanks Les

1 - 8 of 8 Posts