Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just completed my Vintage A/C installation and was wondering if i can charge it myself.I have access to a Vaccuum pump and gauges.Is this a DIY project or not?

·
Premium Member
4,365 Posts
If you have the right equipement, the VA instructions tell you how to do it step by step. If you don't have the directions, go to their web site and print them out.

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
Did you leak test the system? I would recommend it otherwise all your next work will be wasted it there is a leak.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Did you leak test the system? I would recommend it otherwise all your next work will be wasted it there is a leak.
Don't use compressed air for this, use nitrogen if possible.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was going to do this myself and talked to a friend of mine that services A/C units and said he would come to my house,put a vaccuum on it,check for leaks and charge it for $35.00 with me supplying the Freon.

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
I was going to do this myself and talked to a friend of mine that services A/C units and said he would come to my house,put a vaccuum on it,check for leaks and charge it for $35.00 with me supplying the Freon.
That the right way to do it, and for 35 bucks cant beat that.:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts