Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A BIG Thanks to Vin63

Just wanted to say thanks to Vince (Vin63) for fabricating and mounting the hood on my Nova while I'm waiting for surgery on my knee. This was a labor intensive job especially the custom hand fabricated aluminum shield that mounts the front of the hood. I never realized just how much work was invoved doing it the way he did it, but man, what craftsmanship! Here are a few pictures of the hood on the car, I know it looks just like any other hood, but the work involved was way more than I had envisioned. Thanks for the AWESOME work! And thanks for using your race car trailer to pick up and deliver the car!

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts

Sorry to hear about the surgery....

That hood looks AWESOME! Are you gonna paint it to match the car or leave it black? (Look good either way in my opinion) :yes::yes::yes:

·
Premium Member
2,313 Posts
You're very welcome! Glad I was able to help you out...I know those things can be a pain since they often arrive anything but square, and fiberglass is not so forgiving. We'll locate and drill for the Dzus button fasteners just before it goes into paint.

·
Premium Member
3,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Sorry to hear about the surgery....

That hood looks AWESOME! Are you gonna paint it to match the car or leave it black? (Look good either way in my opinion) :yes::yes::yes:
Thanks Eric! No, I'm going to have it painted to match. Doesnt look like the same car does it!:eek::no: I have to get used to looking around the scoop! Cant see the curb on a right hand turn anymore!:eek:

·
Premium Member
11,285 Posts
Great job Vince....and Al you're so lucky. If I got my hands on that fantastic car of yours....you would never see it again. :eek::devil::no: I love your ride man. :yes:

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Great job Vince....and Al you're so lucky. If I got my hands on that fantastic car of yours....you would never see it again. :eek::devil::no: I love your ride man. :yes:
I was lucky enough to RIDE in that car. And YES - it is SWEET! Can't wait to see it again in person if everything works out again this year....:yes::yes::yes:

·
Premium Member
3,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yikes!:eek: Thanks Don! I think:D

I was lucky enough to RIDE in that car. And YES - it is SWEET! Can't wait to see it again in person if everything works out again this year....:yes::yes::yes:
Eric, we'll give the MRS. a power run this time if you guys come out!:D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts