Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just checking in to say "Hi" from South Texas. Great site, an excellent resource. I know I'll learn alot, hopefully be able to contribute some.

We've owned our '78 since summer of 1987 when I bought it for basic family transportation with 30K off the used car lot - it was a 9-year old creampuff. It was all original, I think we were proly 2nd owners. It was bottom-of-the-line plain, it had a 250 6-banger, T350, A/C and radio-delete (of course, I fixed that real fast!) I've managed to keep it running for, let's see, 19 years now, roughly 250K miles, it's been our family car that long. Kept in the garage. In 1999 I asked the wife if she was about ready for a new car, she said "No, I want you to fix up my Nova", so summer of 2000, at her direction, it got color-change paint, ralley wheels, cloth seats, carpet, door seals, a new stereo, and other comfort & looks items (that stuff was more important to her than any go-goodies). The next summer, the six died, so I stuck in a new crate Goodwrench 350, fresh T350 tranny, dual exhaust, and VintageAir compressor, 134A, condenser coil and hoses (air-handler/evaporator inside is all stock, setup works great). I also got a rally gauge package off ebay, replaced the shot speedo with a Autometer electronic unit and clock with mech oil pressure gauge. The only thing I lack on the drivetrain is the rebuilding / replacing the rear end, it's still all original. I rebuilt the front end earlier this year with a polygraphite kit. I need to install a body mount kit, the donuts are distressed to say the least.

It's no show-car, since we drive it all the time (ding-ding), but it sure is fun. It's been the best, most reliable vehicle I've ever owned. Easy to work on, cheap to own. When it's clean I get a lot of compliments. When it's dirty, well.... I think people feel sorry for us. :)

Thanks for listening this long.

Rudy

·
Registered
391 Posts
Hi,welcome to the site.personally,i love this nova site,very informative.im sure you"ll find ways to contribute with time.anyways sharpe car you have there.i own a 76 hatchback im slowly fixing up,just trying to get the time,thats my biggest issue.well good luck.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the welcome, guys. I'm looking forward to being here.
:chev:

·
Registered
436 Posts
Nice solid looking car, welcome to the site! It's nice to see more and more 4th Gen'ers out there.

Lots of great help here from other gear-heads. I'm not sure if I could of stayed up with my project if I wouldn't have found it, and it even influenced me to start Gen4Novas about 6 months ago to offer my contribution to the Nova influence, but I still prefer to come here for all my tech questions.

Tony

1 - 5 of 5 Posts