Transmission: Slip & Slide Powerglide

Rear End: Stock 3.08

Exhaust: Single

Wheels/Tires: Craiger SS

Interior: Stock SS interior with console and buckets

Electrical: Stock except HEI

Accessories/Options: SS package cigarette lighter clock with gauges

Sound system: Blaupunkt

Additional Comments: I bought the car in summer 1980 it was my 1st car. I was 18.It was bought from the original owner who worked in the Norwood Ohio plant where it was built and did some of assembly line work on the car. I had all the original paper work build sheet etc...But who knew back then I payed $575 for the car. I do have 1 piece of paper from Chevrolet stating to the original owner the car went into production on 12/11/62 making it a very early SS. It is unfortunate that they did not separate the SS from the rest of the 400 series. I still drive it like it was 1980 every weekend weather permitting. Neil

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
3,844 Posts
Like it a lot from what I can see. Novas like that have a real '70's vibe for me: painted in a cool color, wheel treatment and some period upgrades. The V-8 cars are fun, but I enjoy the inline with some upgrades. Fun car.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Did it originally have power brakes? I don't see original power brake boosters too often.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Wow, so weird to think that 1980 was that long ago! :eek:

Still, very nice car! :cool:

·
13,722 Posts
Great car and great story. Rare color for an SS. Is that code 908 Ivy Green?

Bob

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes that's the original 908 Ivy Green Bob. I have never come across another one in this color. The door jambs are the original paint

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
very nice looking 63 SS. you must know every nut an bolt after having a car for that many years. just wonder, how's that blue dot radio sound ?

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
maybe i lost you there on my comment about the blue dot radio. as the word Blaupunkt is german for blue dot. the old radios used to be manual tuning an the tip of the tuning arrow there was a blue dot, so Blaupunkt. i wish i had kept the blaupunkt radio from the old mercedes when i sold it an put it in the nova.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I have the radio and booster since 1981. I never heard the phrase before lol As i said it still sounds great for the age 4x15 watts It was a big deal back then

1 - 19 of 19 Posts