Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking into running a set of 90/10 front shocks on my Heidts frontend. I am in the process of looking for a trick spring that will fit. Has anyone run a 90/10 shock with a factory type spring? Will it work?

·
Premium Member
11,208 Posts
They work. If you haven't bought them yet you may want to consider an adjustable shock with some other settings. A straight 90/10 will be loose on extension all the time and some set ups like a tighter setting. I have an old set of C/E shocks and they have a 50/50, 75/25 and 90/10 setting. I use to use the 50/50 setting but they are older and maybe not available now. RM

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
I just put 90/10's on the front and have stock springs that used to hold up a 6 cylinder. Seems to transfer weight okay, but I don't have much experience with the set up yet. Moroso front coil springs seem to be the popular choice.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
I run the C/E 3way adjustable shocks which are a 90/10 80/20 60/40 front they also sell the rears which are 30/70 40/60 50/50 They are still listed in Jegs.

My fronts are set at 90/10 I run air shocks on the rear at this time yet. about 10psi.

·
Premium Member
11,208 Posts
Twisted6, I'll bet that is what the shocks I have are also. Really haven't looked at them in a long time. I ran them tight for my combo back then. RM

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
i have had them shocks close to 10yrs at least now. SO not like i look at mine much either LOL. Only time i ever touch them anymore is if the car is going to sit for any long period of time. I push the shocks all the way down so the shafts don't get any Kinda rust on them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts