Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wagon doesn't seem to transfer weight well both times at the track and my 60ft has suffered as well. I want to go with a set of 90-10 front shocks and a set of cal-tracs. What brand of front shocks has anyone used and did it help the weight transfer? Thanks for any information

·
Premium Member
11,072 Posts
I went from some worn out old junk to Lakewood 90/10's and didn't see much difference, but my car ran 60's in the 1.3's already.

·
Premium Member
3,882 Posts
My wagon doesn't seem to transfer weight well both times at the track and my 60ft has suffered as well. I want to go with a set of 90-10 front shocks and a set of cal-tracs. What brand of front shocks has anyone used and did it help the weight transfer? Thanks for any information
i think the folks at cal trac will tell you that they are having more people put their cars on their rear bumper with their 90/10 shocks! not sure though. :D

·
Registered
23 Posts
On my fairly mild, street/strip small block powered 63, they made a difference. I put the complete Calvert rear suspension and front 90/10's on last fall and only matched my best 60 ft. However, after replacing my upper arm bushings, loosening everything up, and installing trick springs this winter, I dropped a tenth and a half on my 60. My weight transfer improved drastically. Bear in mind though, I went from low 1.8's to mid 1.6's so I had lots of room for improvement, and still do.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
If your going with Calvert Racing for the rear, Stick with them on the front also. You cant go wrong. I installed 100% of there suspension parts they have for my car.

What else have you done or plan to do with the rest of the suspension?

http://calvertracing.com/frontshocks.php :yes:

There products work great on my 9 inch tire car. 1.397 best so far, average 1.41

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies. I have the ford 9" and the wagon is mini tubbed. I moved the leaf springs in and have adjustable rear shocks. Of course sub frame connectorsThe front has new springs and std shocks right now. Comp Eng. traction bars on the rear at this time. Any suggestions would be great.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Cal tracs work

what year is yours my 66 had stock monroe matics in frt with a 400 hp sbc with 235/60 MT drag radial streets 3.70 gear3400convrtr th350 no brake .Left at dead idle car goes a 12.87 et at get this a 1.55 60ft:D:D:D:D. car has crap shocks in back with CALTRACS yes they work :D:D:D:D .Ive added adjustable rear shocks RANCHOs added 80/20s bought slicks added 200cc iron eagle darts.removed stock fans and W/P for electrkics and replaced cam with solid lifter,car went 11.77 w/just heads,have now finished the rest,just have to replace frt HD springs,with Morosos just got em .Hoping for 11.30s-40s in heat. see what happens

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Mine is a 62 wagon. its been 11.00 but with a terrible 60ft...1:59. I just installed the comp adjustable and set them at 80-20. I am going to Cecil tomorrow night to see what the result is. The car should be 10:80 with my mph but only if it transfers the weight and I learn to drive it and get a good 60ft.The cal tracs will be next.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts