Chevy Nova Forum banner

9 inch rear lube capacity????

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Fast65 
#1 ·
How much gear oil do you put in a 9 inch. My brain is melting and I can't remember. - Thanks G:confused:

#4 ·
The drain plug should be on the bottom. You should use the fill plug as the level indicator and it is usually on the side of the third member. Some early third members don't have a fill plug, it was installed in the housing.

#5 ·
Not to hijack this thread but how often should you chang rearend oil? my car has 107k and im absolutley positive that its never been changed? any thoughts? synthetic or natural thers no drain plug or fill plug. just wonderin and sorry for hijackin the thread

thanks Justin

#6 ·
Mike Goble said:
The drain plug should be on the bottom. You should use the fill plug as the level indicator and it is usually on the side of the third member. Some early third members don't have a fill plug, it was installed in the housing.
Ok thats what I get for not reading the WHOLE thread! BTW, some rear housings dont have a drain plug either (my Currie doesnt).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.