Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Soooo after installing a mustang II front end on the car I put in a 454 with a dual quad tunnel ram ( check out my other posts ) the car ran great but then it happened , I got a call from a friend that was selling his blower setup and so it begins ....back story , his truck that I removed the blower from was built on the velocity channel show TEXAS METAL season 1 episode 2 it is the 1955 Chevy Apache truck ....
040E294B-087D-4C0F-9F86-1A1F10110A2B.jpeg

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Got the weiand polished intake on . See how tall the blower studs are ? I added a rude Ron 4” manifold spacer
799040A5-8F0F-4884-BA8E-EE0D30CAC687.jpeg

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It has 2 Holley 600 4160 blower carbs that run great , I was lucky enough to have driven the engine before I pulled it

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Soo next comes all the fun stuff , all the mods for the accessories, water pump , alternator, throttle cable , hood etc etc

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Soo not that I don’t trust the solid engine mounts but I wanted a little more support and didn’t want to use a engine plate . Soo I went to the wall of old parts and found a pair of polished fender braces from a 1980 camaro. Can you believe they lined up perfect from my frame support bolt to the holes in the cylinder head ?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Soo I have to go to a short water pump now , ordered a aluminum short high flow pump from speedway motors part # 91015588 for only $59 I’ll post pics when it gets here

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Soo also have to change the alternator mount for the new pump , went back to the wall of parts and found this one I got from speedway motors awhile ago for $29

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Soo got the short water pump from speedway today and it looks great — warning— they said it might hit a 8” balancer and mine is so close I can just fit a piece of cardboard from the box between the pump and balancer . Started it up and NO scraping, fingers crossed

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Soo after 2 trips to the parts store for a belt I cut a old longer belt to the right size and matched it up , hope this one works or back I go again —- oh I forgot to mention I had to change to a bbc short water pump pulley , good thing I had one on the wall of parts , the long pulley was a total of 2” deep and the short pulley was about 2 3/4” deep and everything lines up good with a straight edge

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Soo I had to buy a new lokar throttle cable ($60) because my old $60 for my tunnel ram is too short now . Next problem— the blower is so tall that with the hood on now it limits my cable mounting position so I ordered the jegs linkage $18 and see if I can rig something before I buy the $150 linkage that mounts to the blower

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Soo I figured I’d go full crazy and put on 2” air cleaner spacers because it wasn’t tall enough. Hahahahaha

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Soo I had to buy a new lokar throttle cable ($60) because my old $60 for my tunnel ram is too short now . Next problem— the blower is so tall that with the hood on now it limits my cable mounting position so I ordered the jegs linkage $18 and see if I can rig something before I buy the $150 linkage that mounts to the blower View attachment 399537

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
sooo after driving the car I realized I needed a better electrical system for the street. I went up to EZ WIRING and picked up their 12 circuit kit for $120 great deal and great people

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Sooo couple notes on the install. : 1 - the wires are labeled about every six inches which is great but some writing is hard to see under garage lites , use a shop lite and you will be fine . 2 - the 12 circuit kit DOES NOT come with a electric fuel pump wire ! There is a spot to add a wire but when I called they said I can use the a/c compressor wire so I ran that to the back , no problem. 3 - this should be # 1 but read the directions before you start , lots of info in there !!!! 4 - take your time and waste a lot of zip ties separating wires as you go , a lot of wires I didn’t use and had to be pulled back to the fuse panel , like power antenna, high beam coil and starter wires weee pulled back and re-run through the car to passenger side . 5 - gives you every wire you need for gauges and radio . 6 - use good connectors and make them removable in de you change things up . 7 - steering column wires give you more than enough connections for every make of car . 8 - the kits wires are VERY LONG and that is awesome cuz now I have extra colored wires to wire up my MSD boxes , trans brake , line lock and relays. 9 - what can I say but this kit is worth every cent and the fact that every time I call with a question, like they told me to do , they answer the phone . 10 - timeline, to remove the old wires and install the new kit took about 2 days at about 6 hours a day by myself . I also used their headlight switch and that went easy as well . Conclusion - everything worked from the start , I have used Ron Francis and Painless Wiring kits before that were excellent kits but cost way more - this is just my opinion and I am not compensated in any way , didn’t even get a sticker , which I would advertise on my car just saying . They also have a 21 circuit kit for a couple of bucks more

1 - 20 of 22 Posts