Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you relocate your springs? If not, did you have to rotate your caliper brackets to clear the spring? Thanks

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
I was thinking of doing the same and researched it a bit. The explorer 8.8s are wider than a stock 1st gen nova. To make one fit, you will have to narrrow the rear by shortening the driver side axel tube. Then use a passenger side axel from another rear to replace the longer drivers side axel with. To determine how much to narrow the axel tube, just take the difference in length between the drivers and passngers side axels. Narrowing the rear also centers the pinion as these rears have an offset pinion from the factory.

·
Premium Member
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've done all of that, just waiting to get my axles back from being redrilled. I was just curious about the calipers. Thanks

·
Registered
157 Posts

I installed an 8.8 in a 55 sedan project, centered the pig by cutting one side 7 inch, and the other side 4 inches then reversed the axle sides. Relocated spring purches and used the stock sway bar. I think these axles are 60" or there about.PM me if I can help. Gary C

1 - 10 of 10 Posts