Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, as all of you may know my car went into the body shop around the end of April. And now its June 4th. I had wanted to be different from my dad (all original Rally) and do something that both the locals and girls would notice :cool:. My car started it's life as a triple black Concours built in Canada moved to Washington, Oregon, then Idaho up until about 2006 or 2007. Then it moved to PA (Hershey to be exact). Well we had it all fixed up at a garage up in the "Coal Region" of PA. It moved back here then it went into body. Here's what I started with

Then with a little work it turned into:

From there to here:

To the hood:

Then:

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, you all have been so patient!

Goodmark 2 1/4" Cowl molded on to the original.

Now for the car:

That's all for now but when I get the car back for sure I will take picture requests. The interior is apart right now but it'll hopefully be ready for the July 4th Soda Jerk. :D

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Vinyl top or satin/flat paint?
Full vinyl, 9,000 black vinyl Novas were made with Vinyl tops wether it be Cabrolet or full tops. I know that full vinyl tops are rarer than Cabrolets but there is not exact number, but its different from the rest! :yes:

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks good, I had the same trim but my car had a painted white roof that ended at the trim lines. Faux vinyl top lol
Hmm, that's interesting I guess they thought it would be less of a hassle to clean so they just painted it?

Anyways, I recall you wanting a under hood picture? Next time I go to the shop I'll pull the pins and get a shot. Nothing special other than just a hole cut in the hood I dont know if he painted under the hood.

I might not have the car for another week he mounted the passenger side mirrior wrong by wrong I mean on the actual side of the door. But that's the only thing wrong I found with it.

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
Lookin good. What other plans do you have?

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah, I'd like to see how much clearance you'll get with it!
Ok, I'll get a pic for you asap.
Lookin good. What other plans do you have?
Well timspop, the list goes on and on but I'm hoping before my senior year a crate motor, somewhere around the 385 to 425 HP range, powerglide tranny if I can get my hands on one. Weld Draglites with MT S/T's as for stereo I'm going with 2 12" subs in the trunk, 800 watt amp, and CD/MP3 head unit all by Alpine. Oh and driving the hell out of it of course! :D
How did that hood scoop fit out of the box on the original hood? What was needed to make it blend?
He welded it on to the stock Concours hood I had, filled in the trim holes but idk how he bent it. Im 99% sure bondo was used in there somewhere. Hope this helps.

-Adam

·
Registered
998 Posts
Ok, I'll get a pic for you asap.

Well timspop, the list goes on and on but I'm hoping before my senior year a crate motor, somewhere around the 385 to 425 HP range, powerglide tranny if I can get my hands on one. Weld Draglites with MT S/T's as for stereo I'm going with 2 12" subs in the trunk, 800 watt amp, and CD/MP3 head unit all by Alpine. Oh and driving the hell out of it of course! :D

He welded it on to the stock Concours hood I had, filled in the trim holes but idk how he bent it. Im 99% sure bondo was used in there somewhere. Hope this helps.

-Adam

The cowl does not follow the contour of the hood out of the box. I welded one on my car. I had to make relief cuts to get it to follow the contour of the hood. I posted pics about two years ago and I found the thread, but the pics are no longer there. I'll see if I can repost them later so those who are interested can see what is involved with welding one of these on.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Why?

Car looks great.:thumbsup:
A friend of mine's dad had a Pontiac back in the 70's and he had a powerglide and he's huge into muscle cars and he's also a very good mechanic. Once I told him the setup I planned he reccomended that transmission.
Nicely done!
Thanks Novajay, I'll hopefully have the grill and headlight bezels on by this weekend.

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
I decided to go with the Draglites as well this year. I am glad I did. I love the look. I kept my rally wheels and tires in case I want a change later on. I have been kicking around the idea of a manual trans. I started collecting parts a few years back but have not been able to pull the trigger and do it.
I love looking here and getting different ideas.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
A friend of mine's dad had a Pontiac back in the 70's and he had a powerglide and he's huge into muscle cars and he's also a very good mechanic. Once I told him the setup I planned he reccomended that transmission.
Straight drag race, light car, huge torque - ok. I would look at other options for street/strip combo, unless I ride or drive in car with a glide that I like. Real fast cars would be ok to only have to shift once, but I think I would be bored by the end of the 1/4 if it was a slower car. Keep your options open. People are going more to 4SP OD trans for a reason.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Wow That is so Bad Arse Looking. Can I get More Picture's? Your Car is The only Reason that I'm Painting mine Orange (Sorry to copy You) Hopefully Mine will look as good as Your's when it's done :D. where did You get your Grille? I've been looking for one with no Luck:( Sent a PM to 76 SS and no response.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts