Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I just introduced myself in the intro thread, trying to find a 4th gen Nova to use as my non-winter daily driver. I've come to terms that these cars are rather rare, especially ones with a manual transmission (a requirement for me). I've been searching Canada and the US, seeing what little there is out there, and amazingly, there is one fairly close by (I'm in a somewhat remote part of Canada). It might be meant to be.

She just had a 350 Chev crate motor installed (mild cam) with edelbrock performer rpm intake, rebuilt distributor, new richmond 3:73 gears and bearings, and new rear springs and air shocks. Looks real nice in the photos.

Just so you all know, I'm an electrical engineer that has been learning as much as possible about auto mechanics, but still have a ways to go. To me, the vehicle having a new 350 crate motor in her sounds like a great opportunity for a daily driver. I'm shooting for 18-19 mpg city, mid 20s on the highway, and from what I've read, it is a reasonable goal if you spend time tuning the 350. The only drawback is that she is an automatic, but so is every other damn 4th gen I've seen up for sale.

I'd like to check out this car, with an eye to spend the winter converting her over to a manual (6-speed ideally, but depends on funds), which again would help with achieving better mileage (plus I generally don't like driving automatics). I've read that one of the toughest things is finding the clutch pedals and linkages, given that there's no one making them for 4th gens in the aftermarket (yet). So I may have to keep an eye out for a while, but it doesn't sound impossible

I would really appreciate input on these ideas, hopefully I'm not way off the mark!

A.

·
Registered
26,336 Posts
YA GOT ANY PICS OF THE CAR? :confused:
THEY HAVE AFTERMARKET CLUTCH PEDALS, TO ASSIST YOU CHANGING IT OVER.
START A THREAD IN THE 4TH GEN SECTION AND SEE WHAT THE 4TH GEN GURU'S SAY! :yes:

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
You need to get a hold of Philip. He has a 5 or 6 speed manual in his fourth gen and he also deals in parts on occasion. I just sold a big block four speed fourth gen not too long ago.

·
Super Moderator
12,005 Posts
YA GOT ANY PICS OF THE CAR? :confused:
THEY HAVE AFTERMARKET CLUTCH PEDALS, TO ASSIST YOU CHANGING IT OVER.
START A THREAD IN THE 4TH GEN SECTION AND SEE WHAT THE 4TH GEN GURU'S SAY! :yes:
No after market pedals and linkage Darnell. But I have been hoarding a set in case I ever built another one :devil:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts