Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm finishing my switch from a 6 to an 8 and I can't for the life of me find the ignition wire to go to the distributor. The diagram on this site says it is pink/black but there isn't any that color. I can however follow that wire from the ignition to the fuse block but not into the bay. Thanks

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Use a test light to the wire you suspect it is , then turn key to on. Then pull ignition fuse to test if it is indeed the correct wire. Repeat until ignition fuse pulled kills test light.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks, that's a smart test, I only thought of using the test light but not of pulling the ignition fuse- thanks a lot! I'll report how it goes

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I still can't locate the correct wire. None of the wires in the bay turn off when the fuse is pulled. The diagram on this site says the wire should be pink or pink/black which I can locate inside the car under the dash. thought about just splicing into it and making my own ignition wire. Also not sure if it's the right fuse as my letters are mostly worn off. According to the wiring diagram its supposed to be the one in the right row in the middle?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts