Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, here we go.. I just ordered a new set of tools to be sent here... and spent 170 Kuwaiti Dinar (650 ish USD) with Jegs and a bit with other guys here on the board to start my build... the car is a solid car to start with and plans include exhaust, intake, steering wheel, shifter, shift kit, wheels tires and odds and in here and there. Once I get all that done and recover money wise from it I am going to start building a SBC to replace the one in it. Here is what she looks like now.... ill keep ya posted. BTW is the only Nova/Acadian/Ventura/Omega i have seen in this part of the world.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Cool ride far away from home, look's like it had the cabriolet roof at one point in her life.

Welcome to sns

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah it did.... and someone did a half ***** paint job... that is on my list to fix, but the way they drive here.... not at the top of the list...LOL... Hoping to go with a flat/matte black with gloss black SS stripes.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bought it here... will have it shipped home.... These folks here love old american muscle cars... have had folks pull over to ask if i will sell her... LOL i laugh and say no.. as i said it is the only one around....

·
Premium Member
8,046 Posts
I went to car show over in Qatar a few years ago. They had some decent cars there. Backin 1996 I was at Al Jabar AB, Kuwait and of the the American F-18 pilots that flew for the Kuwait AF drove a 1970 bright orange GTO Judge.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nova Guy, yeah I am at AJ now but I have a crew down at Al Jabar. We had a car show here last year and some locals do have some sweet american muscle but they dont drive them other than to car shows and such. You DO see a LOT of other nice cars... McLarens Bentleys Astons. Porsches are like Chevys back home. I just got an email from Jegs... is going to be an extra 100 to ship to my APO here..... oh well its not like I could go to the local speed shop and pick it up. My APO guy is NOT going to be happy... all kind of car parts coming in...LOL wait till i order my wheels and tires...!!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,436 Posts
Hey Dennis,
Nice looking car :yes:

I am really surprised that you have that car in Kuwait.

From your pictures I really don't see any problems with the body of the car :cool:

How is the interior ????

Rob
novamaniac

·
Premium Member
8,046 Posts
Nova Guy, yeah I am at AJ now but I have a crew down at Al Jabar. We had a car show here last year and some locals do have some sweet american muscle but they dont drive them other than to car shows and such. You DO see a LOT of other nice cars... McLarens Bentleys Astons. Porsches are like Chevys back home. I just got an email from Jegs... is going to be an extra 100 to ship to my APO here..... oh well its not like I could go to the local speed shop and pick it up. My APO guy is NOT going to be happy... all kind of car parts coming in...LOL wait till i order my wheels and tires...!!!!!
I was at AJ in 2009 for six months. I worked for the 386th Combat Truckers, I did radio MX on their trucks. I never went off base there other than a couple trips to Ali Al Salem. They have big bucks so they have nice cars to drive over there.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Rob, hey thanks... yeah the body work is what i call a "10 footer" .. looks great from about ten feet away...LOL I don't really care that it is not perfect.... esp. not here..like i said some interesting facts about driving in Kuwait.... per capita more fatality MVAs than anywhere in the world. 450 people a year die in MVAs. One in three deaths in Kuwait is caused by a MVA. With those stats on fatalities you can imagine the number of fender benders.... so as i said i don't care if it is perfect but you shouldn't be able to see where the vinyl top was...The int is brand new.. new carpet and new upholstery on the seats/doors headliner. all vented leather. I am looking to replace the front seats with something a little more supportive than the stock seats... but again.. the APO is not going to love me for that...LOL

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
REALLY???? WOW i HATE them!!! I was just looking today at swapping them out for some old school round ones..trying to figure out the best way to fab it... and yeah so far as i know those are stock.....

·
Registered
857 Posts
I like them because they are so different. I wonder if there are some NOS ones laying around in the dealerships there? I fabbed my round ones using 1950 pontiac tail lights with a flat piece of metal to cover the back, & 2 pair of frenching buckets all from Speedway. When you get done installing your round ones I want your old ones with the bulb housings to put them in an Omega I have.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
WOW Mt. Home... yeah friend.. it will be a little while b4 i can fab something up... but they are yours when i pull them. How is the weather back home? Cooling off yet? How about some pix of that spoiler? I am liking that...

·
Registered
857 Posts
What part of Arkansas are you from? Ya, noce & cool now, gloomy lookin today. I made the spoiler & have a mold of it. I ran out of motivation & rivited it on by the flanges, but I wanted to make a piece to go under it to bolt it from the bottom & trim the flanges off. I got another hatch, eventually that's what I'll do.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I dont know what he has but mine right now has a sbc 305.... looking for a 350... but over here??? we will see... it starts and runs good... so im happy for now... :yes: I am not riding the bus...lol

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hmmm ok beachboy ill belive that.. upon exam the back end has been reworked to make them fit I told 76ss they were his as soon as i find a replacement....LOL BUT on to great news.. just got all my stuff in from JEGS and unpacked it... WOW i have work to do... but...:no: no tools here yet.. so i call SEARS and they tell me hmmm about 2 weeks. :eek:??? I ordered them a week before I made my JEGS order.. ok.. no biggie.. 2 weeks.. well i went back to JEGS site... damn why dont they have a filter to stop me from doing that.... ordered seats headers a few other things... and they expect it to be here about the same time as my tools... Soooooo if all works out this time net week ill be posting pix of my baby with some new stuff.... and big thanks to a cpl of you guys truly NPHNP by sending stuff out here for me..... Is a big help. Ill post pix of my goodies here tomorrow!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts