Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At the end of last October I ordered seat covers for my Nova. They are made by PUI. A day or 2 before Christmas they showed up. They were all severely blemished. Some vinyl had a distinct rattan pattern & some barely had any pattern at all, & the good & bad was sewn right next to each other. So after sending pics they said send them back. That was around January 7th. I waited a month & called & they said another month. so I waited & called. Then they said all the vinyl was inconsistant & it'll be 2 months for more vinyl. 2 months is about up. Has any body here tried to order this color with any luck? They say they would rather refund. They also have 2 pleats instead of the correct 3. They said they would put 3 pleats for $400. Thats for custom work they said. So I said how about no pleats & I'll do it myself. They said sure for $400 because thats custom too. I would get a refund if I could get them elsewhere. Does anybody else manufacture this cover with rattan? Any help would be great.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
I can't believe they sent them to you in that condition in the first place. Seat covers are expensive enough in perfect new condition. And then you had to wait all those months? They must make them per order or somthing like that.
It shouldn't take but a few days to sew up a new set of covers provided that all the materials and equipment is on hand. Which you would think would be the case with a business like this. Sounds like they are trying to blow you off . Probably because you ordered covers in red and they don't want to bother getting the material from their supplier. I bet they have the covers in black in stock right now.
I ran into this at the local super chevy show a few weeks ago here in memphis. There was a reproduction parts vendor ( I can't remeber the name) selling all kinds of interior items. I was wanting a carpet for my 64 and all they had was black. I asked if they had one in red and they looked at me funny. Then I asked about a full interior kit in red and they blew me off when they went on to help other people standing around me even though I was ahead of them in line. Ohh well, their business loss. i'll look elsewhere.

This is what should happen for you since you've had to patiently wait soo long on this and been playing their game. They should send you back the flawed covers ( they can't sell them as perfect new anyways) and give you a full or at least half off price on the covers. Then you can look else where and at least have a set of covers for your ride.
I can't believe they wanted to charge you $400 for leaving details out when they make the covers. Thats less work and material use for them and should refelct as a lower final cost of the covers not make them more expensive. Thats like charging you for two seat covers. I'd look elsewhere too. I can't think of who else offers these covers though. Maybe you can have a local upholstery shop get the correct material and make you a set the way you want them.
Good luck

1 - 2 of 2 Posts