Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone.
ok I wanted to buy a dash from covans classic dash but they dont have one for a 75 nova will the 74 dash fit in my 75?
thanks .

·
Super Moderator
12,008 Posts
Yes it will. The instrument cluster and bezel fits the same 69 - 76, there are minor differences in the grain pattern and the shape of the small openings for the clock and the fuel gauge.

·
Premium Member
1,188 Posts
Yes it will fit I have one in my 76 and was put in it when they first came out, Covan's doesn't realize that they fit, Also have another friend with a 76 and a 75 with them

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hello again, I hope everyone had a good christmas :)
ok well I finally got the trunk open on the 75 and I found this

[/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

[/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

the dash I asked the previous owner about (which he said he threw away):rolleyes:
my question is can I take it to go get re-done , or will one of those covers fit on there ?
how about re-doing it myself? has anyone re-did there own before?

Rafael.

·
Super Moderator
12,008 Posts
I have never seen one stripped that far down. A good upholsterer can make it look good, but it will be hard to get it to lay flat all the way across. Much easier to repair cracks and stretch a new cover on then start from the shell. I was going to have mine done but found a good one to use.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the reply
I went to a couple upholstery shops around my area and all of them said they couldn't do it :mad: so I looked online and found a company called justdashes, I talked to someone over the phone and gave me a quote of $700 :eek: .
So i've decided to re upholster it my self , I have about 2 yards of marine vinyl leftover from another project , and I ordered some 1/4" closed cell foam witch will get here on monday, hopefully it comes out ok . Any tips or suggestion would be great :D.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts