Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
probably, classic sells the re pops for 140.00 a pair. i have bought 2 sets for my 72, re pops and the reverse clear part of the lens always falls out, like they dont use enough glue or its not hot enough when they fused them together. i think they are prolly worth the money...

·
Registered
627 Posts
Actually he's not making much money at all. My price at dealer discount in 96 was about 100 each, total bill was right at 300 but i also had bought the inner housings as well.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Not a bad price since they are tougher to get new. I know I looked from classic industries and they were on back order for like a year for the whole tail light assemblies. Never wound up buying any yet.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Not a bad price since they are tougher to get new. I know I looked from classic industries and they were on back order for like a year for the whole tail light assemblies. Never wound up buying any yet.
really? that sucks for you 4th genners...your parts are harder to come buy, one day they wont be though..

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I didn't realize they were now re-popped. Looks like they are available now... I'm gonna get a pair from Philip, I know they'll be top notch re-productions...

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
There was a guy on eBay that had a bunch a few years ago. Don't recall exactly what was paid, maybe $180 plus shipping for a pair of lenses, but believe it was worth it.

·
Super Moderator
12,022 Posts
I would not buy them in unopened boxes. He needs to remove them and take actual photos of the parts.

Thanks Roy for the vote of confidence. I considered buying some of the CI repops to see what quality they are. I know that the repop housings are junk.

I spent the last 4 days fixing the 3 daily drivers and trying to get the Nova back on the road. The DD's are all running again, Nova is down until parts arrive. Seems like I had to much torque or horse power for the stock dampener, the outer ring started to come off. As soon as the Nova is running again I will be back to making parts.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts