Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
75 Bucket Seats?
Is there a way to identify the seats in a Nova to see if they are original?
I found a 75 4Dr at picknpull that has buckets. it did have a console, and floor shift, plus no hole in the steering column nor indicator on the dash.
The seats look original and match the interior. I'm thinking about robbing them for my '73 2 dr, but maybe not, as they probably don't tilt.:(

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
If you hesitate you may loose the opportunity. I don’t really know that era of Nova too well but I’m thinking it seems unusual to have a 4 door with bucket seats and a consol. I think most 4 door models had bench seats unlike today when almost every car has bucket seats. If they were a 4 door seat and don’t lean forward i figure that could be addressed later.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm tempted to take a shot of the VIN and post it to see just what it really is..... I know it's a 75 4DR with What looks to be original buckets and console.

·
Registered
1974 Nova, 1977 Nova
2,056 Posts
You might have found a '75 Nova LN (Luxury Nova) ... https://www.novaresource.org/rpo_Z11.htm

I don't think the regular (RPO A51) bucket seats were available in a 4-door in '75. But the LN package did include some special reclining bucket seats and was available as both 2-door sedan or 4-door coupe. I don't know for sure, but since they were special reclining bucket seats, they might have used the same ones in both 2 & 4 door cars.

If you do decide to swap them over into your 73, you'll want to plan on bringing a drill (or other tools to remove spot welds) with you so you can remove the special mounting brackets from the donor car's floor pan. The floors didn't change much between 73 & 75 so they should be a direct swap.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts