Chevy Nova Forum banner

161 - 180 of 192 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
She's HOT!
Nice ride, man!
.....when ya build 'em this nice ya just can't pick any old colour.
Perhaps you can stay in flat black or maybe go with a wrap so you can do the 'ol presto-chango as needed. Seriously though, that original combo (your avatar) looked good.

Thanks for the additional info on the Firewall flange.

Enjoy the trip through some of America's most beautiful country (IMO).

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #164
Yesterday we took the car up through Sedona, over to Winslow Arizona, got a photo op sitting behind that Flatbed Ford and had some ice cream, about 400 miles round trip. Made it home by curfew!

Coming down the 87 from Payson was a blast last night, the traffic was light and those curves were a lot of fun. There’s no way I would have been able to drive like I did without the additional 6 degrees of caster with upper control arms. The car was very confident at speed around some mountain curves but could be better. Next upgrade I think has to be coil overs, I feel the front end will feel much smoother with coil overs over 3” drop springs.

I got to get the windows tinted, the sun on those desert roads will roast you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #166
Looks like it was a beautiful day for an endurance run..

What upper control arms are you using?
Global west, it was hard choosing, when I do the coil overs I’ll change the lowers out too. I should have just done a set from the beginning. Lesson learned.

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
I really like Global West’s stuff. They really don’t have much for the early Nova’s.. The upper control arms are where most of the improvements are made. The caster and camber changes are all about the UCA and spindles. I went back to the see the 1st page of the build and found where you snuck in the GW control arms and AFX spindles that’s some really nice hardware you have up front.. What are you doing for a steering box..?

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #168
I really like Global West’s stuff. They really don’t have much for the early Nova’s.. The upper control arms are where most of the improvements are made. The caster and camber changes are all about the UCA and spindles. I went back to the see the 1st page of the build and found where you snuck in the GW control arms and AFX spindles that’s some really nice hardware you have up front.. What are you doing for a steering box..?
I chose the global west because of the owners video explaining their research on caster. I’m happy with them and will be going with their matching lowers when I upgrade to coil overs. The afx spindles made a big difference but it felt swirly going into and out of curves and staying straight at high speed was a challenge. I was in the middle lane at about 120 and all of a sudden I was in the left lane. All that has gone away with the arms.

Right now I’m running a quick ratio camaro box and it’s very tight and responsive, when I drive my 2500hd with a worn steering box then get into the nova I get a little jerky in the car for a minute. Haha.

The plan is to get a rack and pinion set up in there, that will make room for my Holley LS manifolds.

·
Registered
Mike - 74 Nova Baltimore, MD
1,486 Posts
I'm really diggin your current "Stealth Fighter" look! (even though it is only temporary)

Your Nova is really coming along very nicely! It's also great that your are able to drive and enjoy your Nova while it is undergoing its transformation. Thanks for posting all of the pics!

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #170
I'm really diggin your current "Stealth Fighter" look! (even though it is only temporary)
View attachment 405690
Your Nova is really coming along very nicely! It's also great that your are able to drive and enjoy your Nova while it is undergoing its transformation. Thanks for posting all of the pics!
Thanks man, too many irons in the fire to let it sit there, I try and keep it drive able with the year long driving season. I plan on getting it painted towards the end of summer, until then I’m going to drive the snot out of it!
Just got the windows tinted today, the vintage air works good but that Arizona sun does a number on you with clear glass.
IMG_0617.jpg

·
Registered
711 Posts
Windows look good man and awesome job with the fenders, looks like you got them fitting perfectly

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #172
Windows look good man and awesome job with the fenders, looks like you got them fitting perfectly

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Thanks brother! Yeah, I’m happy with the fenders, I’m having an issue on the drivers side with the hood sitting too high but I will figure that out.
The tint shows the scratches in the glass but I will change all the glass out and retint once it’s painted.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #174
Installed some Rigid Industries SR Series 6inch DOT fog lights today. Took the bumper off and welded some brackets to the bumper and tabs for the lights. Rigid is owned by truck lite and I think they are a good match with the headlights. Eating tacos right now and will be taking some pics in the dark when we leave.

Attachments

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #175
I really like these lights, I took it for a ride and got flashed once, I think I have to aim them down a hair and the headlights up a hair. Now I need to put the license plate light housing in.

Attachments

·
Registered
423 Posts
The flash you got......was that from a 747 or 737?

Holy Magnolia, 74! I can see Houston out in front of ya!

I know Truck Lite is good (HD FLHX) but these take it one step further.

You're gonna make oncoming driver's wearing sunglasses at night a ho-hum thing! Cool!

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #177
The flash you got......was that from a 747 or 737?

Holy Magnolia, 74! I can see Houston out in front of ya!

I know Truck Lite is good (HD FLHX) but these take it one step further.

You're gonna make oncoming driver's wearing sunglasses at night a ho-hum thing! Cool!
A 747! Actually it was a Tesla. I thought I had them aimed a little high, once I aim them down a little it should be fine, the cut off is really crisp. The pictures make them look way harsher than they are in person, they are street legal, they had to have passed some sort of test. Hahaha

161 - 180 of 192 Posts