Chevy Nova Forum banner

101 - 110 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
For sure man sounds like a good plan.
Not really related but i use a sonnax line pressure booster in my truck, such a simple device with awesome results. Spoke with them once and seemed like cool people (assuming it's the same company.)

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #102
I believe they are the same company. From what I can see they make quality stuff. This failure has me doing some serious reading about 4l60’s and they can be capable of taking a beating. I have a shopping cart full of 4L60E parts and tools after watching enough videos and reading info. At the end of the day I don’t have time, I’m going to get a trans from a shop that rebuilt my 2500HD and did a great job. It was 5 years ago and 45,000 miles and it still shifts awesome. It weighs 8k empty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
IMG_9540.jpg

Took a ride up to Cave Creek for breakfast this morning and found a cool little car show at the air park.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
918 Posts
Nothing better than unexpectedly rolling up on a car show while driving your muscle car!

Looks like you were able to take care of the trans. How's it running and what HD parts did you have installed?
I know the week parts of the 2004R are normally the stock input shaft and the forward front drum.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #109
Nothing better than unexpectedly rolling up on a car show while driving your muscle car!

Looks like you were able to take care of the trans. How's it running and what HD parts did you have installed?
I know the week parts of the 2004R are normally the stock input shaft and the forward front drum.
I ended up going with a swap from my usual trans guy.Upgraded sun shell, Raybestos friction and band, shiftkit.....
I installed a Sonnax super hold 2nd and 4th servos as well.

right now I just have too many projects going on and budget is tight. My tuner just came by and did some magic and she feels great. I’ve never been happy with the shift points or power and he was able to get that all straight today. It’s performing the best it has since getting it on the road.
Hopefully next week I’ll be stripping the body down and priming it for the body work.

101 - 110 of 110 Posts