Chevy Nova Forum banner

41 - 60 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Hey nova people!! I haven’t touched the car lately other than enjoying Arizona’s open roads. This is from last weekend, taking the better half to breakfast out in Wickenburg, did about 200 miles. The odometer is at just about 5000 miles now and has been super reliable. Time to smooth her out and make her pretty.

Attachments

·
Registered
427 Posts
Hey nova people!! I haven’t touched the car lately other than enjoying Arizona’s open roads. This is from last weekend, taking the better half to breakfast out in Wickenburg, did about 200 miles. The odometer is at just about 5000 miles now and has been super reliable. Time to smooth her out and make her pretty.
That is a awesome picture, I can picture the fun haha someday someday

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
There’s an autocross event this Saturday at the Arizona Motorsports park. I’m thinking about blowing some responsibilities off and having a little fun! All work and no fun.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
There’s an Autocross event going on at Fontana this weekend.. I’m thinking of heading out this event as well.. Have fun dude..!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thank you, very much appreciated. The swap in the front is easy, all the grill and headlight parts from 68-72 bolt right on. A little grinding of the front subframe ends to get the bumper to sit right and a few extra holes. I used a 68 bumper and bumper mounts. The rear takes a little more work. Using a 68/72 bumper and mounts, mock the bumper up to the car, mark holes on the mounts where the stock bumper mounted, drill holes in the mount, weld in nuts to the the mount and bolted it on. I was going to mount the filler in the rear taillight panel but I decided to just fill it completely in and modified the rear crossmember for the tank filler behind the plate, the other option was to remove the cross member and install a 68-72 cross member. Then the trunk pan does line up... It was easier to fill in the plate area and modify the crossmember.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
There’s an Autocross event going on at Fontana this weekend.. I’m thinking of heading out this event as well.. Have fun dude..!
I’d love to come out that way for an event! Gonna have to make that happen. Have fun!

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Do you guys know anything about Speed tech front clips, or a chassis works pro touring front clip?
I only know I’d like to have either under my car!!
The only thing I really know is what I’ve seen in ads. They both look slick

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am rebuilding 71 SS have a 5.3 LS . 4L60E trans. Have not decided on Tire size. Have a mini tub in already.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
I really dig the speed tech for the money. You can fit a 275 in the front and then a 315? With the mini tub. Sounds like a good set up to me. I run 18’s with 3 inches of drop, I dig the proportions.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Do you guys know anything about Speed tech front clips, or a chassis works pro touring front clip?
One thing I would recommend doing is google chris Alston chassis works and look at all the reviews before just pulling the trigger. I know two guys with chassis works products and both really like them, however both went through hell to get everything right including the right parts it was supposed to come with. I was seriously contemplating ordering rear suspension setup from them, until I saw the reviews, then I asked my buddies if they had problems and both immediately got mad and started venting about there deals lol. NOT trying to bash them or say dont use them, definitely not, just saying to read reviews before deciding

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Speedtech and Chassis Works both offer some really nice equipment to upgrade your cars suspension. Speedtech has a fairly narrow product line basically focusing on pro touring type builds. I like their stuff particularly their toque arm rear suspension systems. Their are a very simple clean design.. It would be nice if they had a Watts link option but as the last time I checked there was only a Panhard Bar. They also have pretty nice stock clip upgrades available as well as complete new clip replacement with their own suspension treatment that looks to be well designed. The only real downside I see with the Speedtech they don’t offer any subframe connectors to tie the complete chassis systems together. Unfortunately, they don’t make anything for my 1st gen cars at this point but I do really like the Chevelle full chassis they have developed.. Chassis Works offers a very wide range of chassis and suspension options to build many models of vehicles.. From drag cars to pro touring to full race builds Chassis Works has probably got all the bases covered.. The options that they offer are quite vast even within a suspension category.. If you can’t find it in there product list, it probably doesn’t exist..

I have looked long and hard at both of these companies products as I am in the process of building a full chassis for my 63 with a street fighter, road and track type of build concept..

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Speedtech and Chassis Works both offer some really nice equipment to upgrade your cars suspension. Speedtech has a fairly narrow product line basically focusing on pro touring type builds. I like their stuff particularly their toque arm rear suspension systems. Their are a very simple clean design.. It would be nice if they had a Watts link option but as the last time I checked there was only a Panhard Bar. They also have pretty nice stock clip upgrades available as well as complete new clip replacement with their own suspension treatment that looks to be well designed. The only real downside I see with the Speedtech they don’t offer any subframe connectors to tie the complete chassis systems together. Unfortunately, they don’t make anything for my 1st gen cars at this point but I do really like the Chevelle full chassis they have developed.. Chassis Works offers a very wide range of chassis and suspension options to build many models of vehicles.. From drag cars to pro touring to full race builds Chassis Works has probably got all the bases covered.. The options that they offer are quite vast even within a suspension category.. If you can’t find it in there product list, it probably doesn’t exist..

I have looked long and hard at both of these companies products long and hard as I am in the process of building a full chassis for my 63 with a street fighter, road and track type of build concept..
Great info Thug! You're feedback is always insightful!

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
The key thing to keep in mind with making suspension improvements is that all the money you can or could spend on all the fancy stuff available won’t do what it’s suppose to if your chassis isn’t built to take advantage of it..

The main priority of making a car handle better and perform predictably is to MINIMIZE CHASSIS FLEX..

41 - 60 of 99 Posts