Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Are the trunk hinges on my 74 adjustable? The passenger side of the deck lid sticks up slightly to the point where the weather striping doesn't seal. It appears as though this car may have been hit from behind at some point pryor to me owning it so I'm thinking the hinge may have been bent during the accindent. I don't want to replace the hinge cause those torsion springs look like a pain to deal with.

So is there an adjustment to drop the hinge down slightly or will this require brute force to try and bend it back?

John

Edit: I should also say the deck lid needs to slide back on the hinge toward the window slightly, but I'm out of adjustment, which also leads me to beleive the hinge is somehow bent.

·
Premium Member
2,265 Posts
adjustment is done by springing the hinge, either with a block of wood in the u shaped part to move it towards the rear of the car, or push up on the lid (wide open)till you feel it move a little to take it towards the window trim, easier done than said. im sure some one here can explain it better than me, even tho i did this for gm on the cutlass and 88s then the grand ams.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts