Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone

I'm restoring my 74 and since this year didnt really have much more than a trim package as an SS upgrade, I'm going to make mine an SS clone.

My question is with the side window molding.
I see tons of photos of that being black. Some look to be different than the brushed aluminum molding thats on mine. Mine is more of a ribbed type of trim.

Can anyone clarify this for me? Close up photos of the door molding on a 74?

Any info appreciated.

·
Registered
1974 Nova, 1977 Nova
2,055 Posts
The bright aluminum door & quarter window trim was an option (RPO B90) and I believe it was also included as part of the RPO ZJ5 Exterior Decor package.

Cars without that option had the underlying door window frames painted body color (or black for the '74 SS). And they used painted steel trim (instead of aluminum) around the quarter windows.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You rock!
My original build sheet was hiding above the fuel tank, I'll have to see if I can find those codes on there when I get the car back.

The bright aluminum door & quarter window trim was an option (RPO B90) and I believe it was also included as part of the RPO ZJ5 Exterior Decor package.

Cars without that option had the underlying door window frames painted body color (or black for the '74 SS). And they used painted steel trim (instead of aluminum) around the quarter windows.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts