Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys

Painter is finally at the stage of wet sanding the body on the cart. So it's almost show time.

The body is completely stripped. When I get it back, the rear end will be back on and the subframe connected, possible steering column.

First order of business will be rebuilding the front suspension and installing engine/trans before painter makes a second trip out here to hand the fenders and install the hood. This is his recommendation even though it means he drives a second 300 mile round trip. I certainly would hate for something bad to happen to those beautiful fenders installing the engine.

Anyway. When it comes to the inside, he stripped it all. I kind of have a general idea how things should go back together. But if I have any chance of driving this thing before the end of the summer, I'll have to be as efficient as I can on assembly. Not wanting to install a bunch of stuff only to find out I have to tear a lot of it out because I forgot something. I can see things like the door assembly kicking my butt.

So what are some tips, tricks or assembly notes you all have?

I'll be throwing down a couple layers of sound deadener and running an all new wiring hardness for american autowire if that makes any difference or ruffles some memories.

Attachments

·
Registered
423 Posts
Hey Amatojm, if I've interpreted your statement correctly, I think the first order of business is to call your painter and tell him to nix making the 'subframe connected" assuming that's what you meant, of course.
That particular modification has to wait until pretty much the very end when your ride is fully laden with all her heavy burden and 'connected' while sitting on all four wheels.

If what you were saying is, 'attaching the front or rear subframe to the body' then carry on, please.
Wouldn't be the first time I misinterpreted plain English.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Youre good Taco. I can see how that can be taken that way as thats a very popular modification. And one I will potentially do in the future.
What I did mean is just mount the body.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts