Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in search of some window felt for my sedan. I found plenty of 2 door. I even ordered a kit, but that kit was apparently for a 75 (even though on the website it listed 74). Does anyone know where I can find this kit? I am looking for the felt that goes in the window guide channels. I seem to only be finding the outers.

·
Registered
1974 Nova, 1977 Nova
2,055 Posts
The term "window felts" is usually used to describe the pieces that run horizontally along the lower edge of the window opening.

The liner that fits into the window frame channel is often called "glass run channel" or just "window channel". Most places sell it in two 8 foot sections that are long enough to do both doors on a 1973 through 1979 2-door. Two of these kits would do all 4 doors on a 4-door and have some left over.

There might also be some sources that sell this by the foot so you can select a length that's more appropriate to your 4-door without having so much scrap left over. I know the old JC Whitney catalogs used to list various sizes/shapes/profiles of window channel that was available by the foot.

Note that the original pieces had V-shaped notches cut into them to keep them from bunching up where they make the sharp 90 degree bend at the top of the door window frame. The replacements don't have these notches so you have to cut them yourself.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts